Legal, Investment Banking and Securities Lawyer, Associate/Vice President, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The role requires the ability to work independently from day one and to manage a diverse and complex workload meeting tight deadlines, across the various businesses Goldman Sachs conducts in the European Union, including new projects. Lawyers in our team work closely with a diverse group of clients across our private-side and public businesses and thrive on the pressures of delivering consistently high quality advice to dynamic and constantly evolving businesses. Our team in Frankfurt covers a wide range of products, including in the Investment Banking, Securities and Investment Management divisions. We also support a series of regulatory reform initiatives. You will be reporting to the General Counsel of Goldman Sachs AG.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- We are recruiting a lawyer to join the Regional Legal team in Frankfurt
- Support to the various divisions supported from Frankfurt, including Investment Banking and Securities Sales and Trading
- There will also be opportunities to become involved in new business initiatives and assist with the implementation of regulatory projects
- We are targeting qualified lawyers in the 3-6 years PQE range, although would be willing to consider candidates with a different experience profile
- Candidates will need to demonstrate a strong grounding in corporate and/or securities law and regulation and relevant post-qualification experience either with a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel, preferably within a financial institution
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.