Analyst, Market Access Developer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 23 Aug 17
Analyst, Market Access Developer
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
As Software Developer
- Build proximity with clients and have a good understanding of business needs
- Study new business & IT requests (understand user needs, suggest solutions , etc)
- Be proactive by proposing enhancements from which the business / IT can benefit
- Design and implement the necessary system changes in a short feedback loop
- Build quality into our software through extensive and automatic testing and continuous build
- Communicate with Exchanges & Brokers, assess the impact of their system or API changes
- Continuous technical upgrade of our setup
- Building new Order gateways, Market Data gateways, Pre-Trade Risk Control systems
- Maintain & enhance the existing Electronic Market Access platform
- Depending on the projects you will work on, focus will be on building systems to develop more complex business or risk control capabilities; on extending our setup by building Order & Market Data gateways for new markets; or on providing lower-latency solutions
- In each of the teams some modules will use modern C++ code & features while some others are using more legacy code
As Scrum Team Member
- Part of an Agile / Continuous Delivery / DevOps feature team (the Electronic Market Access team is organized in different Features Teams aligned to different businesses), organized around sprints following the Scrum methodology
- Participate in the various Scrum meetings as a cross-functional & cross-component team member, but also expected to be able to play the role of Scrum master alternatively with other members of the team
- Contribute actively to the Continuous Delivery through development of automatic testing, continuous build & automatic deployment improvements
- Accompany the production team on supporting the applications by sharing knowledge, improving support tools, discussing code changes, assisting them on incident resolution
- Coach more junior staff
The candidate will be part of the ITEC / CTT Department, which is composed of more than 70 people focus on Client and Trading Technology in the Asia Pacific region.
Within ITEC / CTT, the successful candidate will be part of the Market Access Development team (based in HK), in charge of developing and maintaining a wide range of in-house electronic trading solutions, spanning from order management and market data systems, to risk management & trading tools.
At the crossroad between Front, Middle and Back Office in one hand, Financial Exchanges and third party providers in the other hand, market access systems aim at providing a transparent, high performance and reliable interface between our core business lines, and the market as a whole.
Our internal and internal clients relying on electronic/automated trading have high expectations in terms of stability, scalability, performance and resiliency. In order to cope with those expectations, systems are in permanent evolution, implementing state of the art technologies and algorithms, and subject to a continuous monitoring.
- Linux RHEL 6.x & 7.x
- Windows 7/Server 2012R2
- Strong knowledge in C++ and Data Oriented Design
- Ability to work with large existing code-bases
- Good knowledge of Linux or other modern *nix
- Familiar with VCS such as Git / Github, Mercurial, SVN, Perforce, CVS
- Some understanding of networking (TCP / IP, UDP, socket programming)
- English is mandatory
- French or Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin) is a plus
- Some experience on Market Connectivity
- Experience with low latency trading & performance improvement is a plus
- Knowledge on Fx, Equity or Equity derivatives products