Senior Change Manager, Global Markets
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
Within CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking), the Business line Global Markets is recognized universally for its expertise and its know-how. Within DRIVE department (formerly known as Process & Organization), you integrate a team to assist the Global Markets Business lines as well as ALM & Treasury (ALMT) in the development, expansion, growth of its new business activities.
Within the community project (including the Business, Operations & IT), you will be brought to intervene at the same time on occasional subjects, requiring reactivity and analytical mind, and on projects of greater scale (horizontal projects and multi sites), concerning several business lines (Front office / Middle and Back Office /Finance/IT/Business Partners).
DRIVE team is at the heart of Capital Markets ITO playing the role of the architects (end-to-end) of the Value Chain.
- Based on a close relationship with Business and other Functions Representatives, gather and analyze business initiatives and market mandatory changes in order to communicate and explain them effectively to each department involved;
- Provide operational expertise to define solution that meets / exceeds the business, operations or finance needs
- Assess the feasibility and identify the setup along with the appropriate level of controls from an ITO and Finance perspective to support exceptional transaction or new activities
- Document business and functional requirements;
- Design and document processes for different areas and teams (Front Office, Operations, Finance);
- Manage key Capital Markets projects, bringing them to a successful conclusion (quality/cost/delay) by a close coordination of ITO departments and other functions involved to achieve the objectives initially set.
- Contribute to the Projects monitoring and reporting standards through regular information update of relevant repository tools and templates
- Represent Operations, Finance & IT in the approval committees for exceptional transaction or new activities committees. The key interactions are with: the structuring teams, the sales and trading teams, the business management, Operations, IT and Finance.
- As a member of the DRIVE team you will contribute in the necessary items listed below:
- Participate in the ITO and business transformation.
- Contribute to continuous improvements to Global Markets and ALMT. This can be achieved by participating in Process re-engineering, Process & systems standardization & re-alignment, and business development support and enabling.
- Represent and protect the interests of ITO.
- Participate in management decisions, and be able to identify best fit solution applicable to the organization.
- Contribute whenever relevant to projects led by other teams (whichever there are Front Office, Finance, IT, Operations, etc).
- Ensure regular cross-selling of other lines of business.
- Contribute to develop innovation (bring ideas re. new products, new processes).
- Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by implementing sufficient regular controls, by measuring operational risk and taking actions to maintain it at an acceptable level.
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management and /or Permanent Control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue remains unsolved beyond and above what can be reasonably handled within the considered remit.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications
- 5 years' experience in global markets operations, IT or project management
- Candidates with work experience in Management Consulting and a interest in Banking and Finance experience may also be considered
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate and manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player with client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
- Asia regional focus; experience with cross platform / process project
- Fluent in spoken and written English