- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 Aug 17
Senior Project Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
As Project Manager you are responsible for the implementation and successful delivery of the Local Regulatory Projects relevant to local regulatory reporting and local Tax/GST projects from inception to post implementation, in line with the strategy agreed with the Strategic Sponsor.
This role requires strong project management skills, sound understanding of business and functional areas requirements, and good interpersonal skills to manage direct and virtual teams across functions and multiple locations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
o Deliver the agreed local regulatory change projects within committed regulatory timelines
o Manage projects from inception to closure in-line with project management discipline
o Define the strategic approach for addressing local regulatory projects including architecture and data model. This should consider the criteria for scenarios for adopting a non-strategic solution.
o Define the scope of the projects in collaboration with Stakeholders and senior management
o Urgent and timely action for risks and issues which may impair delivery.
o Fulfill roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Project Management Standards
* Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the projects
* Determine and coordinate resources (e.g. product budget and financials, project staff) as required throughout life of project
* Review the project schedules with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
* Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
* Monitor the progress of the projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
* Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the projects
* Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
* Implement a change and communication strategy. Implement quick wins whilst formulating strategic plan
o Lead the planning and implementation of project. Manage the end to end project plan, coordinating activities across all resources necessary to deliver including change management activities
o Quality assurance for all project deliverables
o Deliver Project into BAU.
o Co-ordination of a diligent and effective PSC. Present progress, problems and solutions and track to closure.
o Ensuring Clarity is up to date including project static, RAG status, key milestones, financials, risks, dependencies, issues and resource forecasts.
o Deliver quality submissions to PSC
o Provide guidance and support to project team members to support both delivery and career development
o Establish strong relationships between the Finance and ITO Functions to encourage collaborative and transparent working
o Lead on the drive for up-tiering and up-skilling the Finance Function in the country in order to develop high performing teams for the future; inspire and engage people
* Proven experience in people management
* Proven experience in change management
Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of practical aspects of project management
* Experience in project financials and budget management
* Experience in delivering regulatory projects
* Project Management qualifications PRINCE2/PMP
* Leadership and Communication
* Planning and organizing
* Team work
* Conflict management
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 24/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.