Cash Investment Management Trader
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
EMEA Treasury is part of the Global Treasury Group with responsibility for managing the asset and liability activities in the EMEA region. EMEA Treasury focuses on a global strategy through collaboration with regional business units, placing particular emphasis on: investments, funding and liquidity management and capital adequacy.
- Assist the Balance Sheet Managers in the daily liquidity management of The Northern Trust Corporation.
- Investing in time deposits, certificate of deposits, repurchase agreements and various securities.
- Trade booking and answering client queries.
- Develop and maintain management reports for Treasury’s trading activity and liquidity monitoring.
- Evaluate market trends and trading strategies in the cash investment arena.
- Monitors economic trends, political changes, market developments, yields, and supply/demand factors.
- Builds and maintains relationships with market counterparties, brokers and internal partners.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience within financial services
- Treasury experience preferable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Educated to university degree standard or equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Interest in and appreciation of economic news and financial data.
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Analytical skills
- Focused client relationships.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $121 billion in banking assets
- $7.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $8.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management