- Waltham, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 17
Sr. Software Engineer Specialist
Location: Waltham, MA, USAAssociate Director -Software Engineering Specialist is seen as an expert in several technologies within the software engineering field:
• Provide expert level advice on multiple technologies across projects
• Provide advice on requirements using expert level of knowledge on the possible technology solutions
• Author technical design documents for shared modules
• Take ownership of Business Missions/Epics and stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements
• Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with them.
• Collaborate across functional and project teams to assist in fixing the most complex/difficult defects
• Investigate and find the root cause for the most complex software problems reported by clients. Show expertise when communicating with clients via email and phone regarding these defects.
• Provide input to continuously improve our engineering practices
• Play a primary role in training sessions and knowledge sharing across the teams.
SAV Issuer (230070)
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Master as a plus.
• Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and programming.
• 7+ years' professional software development experiences on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
• Known to be an expert in several technologies; sought out for advice in these areas.
• Expert in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL databases
• Strong expertise on agile processs, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration; mentors others in an effort to improve development process more broadlly
• Expert in unit testing and mocking frameworks
• Strong knowledge of SOA and Web Service standards
• Quickly learns new technologies; is motivated to learn latest technologies and share this knowledge with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead a stream, but focus is engineering rather than line management
• Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Has expert analytical and problem solving skills
• Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Consistently displays good presentation skills
• Expert in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
• Expert in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
• Expert in Application Servers: IIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Resin, Jetty, Apache, ExpressJS, etc.
• Competent in Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Microsoft Enterprise Library, etc. J2SE, J2EE, JDBC, RMI/IIOP, Spring framework, JPA(Java Persistence API) or other ORM framework such as Hibernate or iBatics, JTA(Java Transaction API), Java WebService, JavaMail and JMS, etc. STL, Boost, GTest, etc. JQuery, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, etc.
• Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
• Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.