- Bozeman, MT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Earth Elements
- 10 Aug 17
The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the group’s financial status
- Assist the groups leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Oversee all financial accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with divisional budgets throughout the financial period; collate financial reporting materials for all divisions;
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the COO and managers; continuously collaborate with the COO and managers to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support overall operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college/university
- 7-10 years’ experience of progressively responsible experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA or CMA designation
- Strong computer skills, required
- Cost Accounting, preferred
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and accounting for investments
- Compensation: Dependent on Experience
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
Earth Elements Core Values:
- Integrity & Credibility – We openly model honesty, courage, and accountability.
- Team Work – Be part of the team. Working together, rising above any conflicts that present themselves, in order to achieve common goals and make continued progress.
- Excellence – We hold ourselves and each other to high standards and pursue superior performance.
- Can Do Attitude – Ability to rise above the immediate circumstance and change the way we think about situations in order to reach the desired goals.
- Quality – Dedication to providing quality work, services and products that meet or exceed expectations and a commitment to quality improvement.
- Humility and Civility - Respect for others and their contributions. We recognize that we are imperfect but always strive to improve.
- Fun - Enjoying what you get to do and who you do it with so that a contagious enthusiasm is brought to every job, project and interaction you have in the workplace.
For more information and to apply: www.earthelements.com/careers
Earth Elements is an Equal Opportunity Employer