Systems Engineer (UC)
- Permanent role
- Be empowered - Become a specialist in Unified Communications
- Join an organisation that prioritises career development
This role sees you joining a company with teams across Microsoft technologies, and there is an existing opportunity for a skilled engineer to support the Enterprise Microsoft Skype for Business side of the business. Have you ever considered unified communications your calling, this could be it!
You will be exposed to major clients and lots of interesting problems. Being trained along the way, you will become an expert in your field.
Your primary duties will entail:
- Enable our enterprise customers and partners to build, manage and implement Skype for Business as a remote or cloud hosted managed service.
- Maintain all services with consistent performance, predictability and flexibility
- Leverage a combination of proven service expertise and the development of highly effective management tools to assist our customers.
- Above all ensure and maintain excellent voice and video call qualities across all services.
- Willingness to work on an on-call roster on a roll out/ project basis.
- Comfortable working within a virtual team communicating with team members and management remotely.
- Strong technical support/engineering background with a primary focus on Microsoft technology
- Microsoft server 2012/2016, MCSA/Advanced Windows 2016/2012 server platform experience including AD, DNS, DHCP and PKI
- Microsoft SQL experience including High Availability methods and maintenance plans
- Advanced independent problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills and experience ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Customer service and customer facing skills
- Willingness to cross-skill in different technologies and platforms.
- Demonstrable service culture focus
- Ability to proactively identify areas for continual service improvement
- Ability to prepare quality written correspondence and internal and external facing documentation
- Office 365 Administration and ADFS
- Demonstrable Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager or other virtualization technology experience is desirable (and/or equivalent VMware skills)
- Enterprise Microsoft Exchange (2013/2016), to include Exchange High Availability and also Exchange Online is desirable
- System Centre suite - focusing on SCCM, SCOM and DPM
- Storage Technologies
- Mobile device management (MDM) such as Intune and GFE
- SharePoint 2013 and above
- Experience in supporting successful projects
- Understanding of how to participate in common ITIL based processes including change, incident and problem management
- Understanding of IIS
- Scripting with PowerShell focus
- ICT related degree
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Hudson (Australia)
- 15 Dec 17