Automation Engineer - ISM
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With nearly AUD $9 trillion in assets under management as of 30 September 2020, including more than AUD $1.9 trillion in ETFs, Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia, Vanguard has been serving financial advisers, retail clients and institutional investors for more than 20 years. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our team and Opportunity
The APAC Intermediary, Sales and Marketing Technology team is responsible for:
- Being the in-region technology team with deep expertise to develop and maintain our APAC public facing websites;
- Partner with our Intermediary channel to deliver sales education and ennoblement initiatives;
- Crafting a blueprint and program for Marketing Technology help scale our APAC business;
- Deliver data engineering capabilities aligned with our Intermediary client analytics and insights team;
The Automation Engineer will partner with Intermediary, Sales and Marketing areas and is responsible for establishing a test strategy for solutions that employs automation test tools and practices. You will play a critical role in coaching the product team to further enhance automation testing, BDD/ATDD and TDD practices Responsibilities
- Author the product's Test Strategy recommending appropriate automated testing methods and procedures, and lead the design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product solution
- Organize, optimize and sustain ATDD and project testing artifacts that define the product baseline
- Optimize the "gold copy" regression test suite, and identify opportunities and define a strategy to automate existing manual test cases
- Support Developers scripting the automated tests at ALL levels of the "test pyramid" (i.e. - Unit, Integration, and End-to-End system tests); Participates in the code reviews of all automated tests
- Works with developers to ensure all the test suites across the project combine to minimize risk of outages and/or defects
- Assist with the identification, creation, and maintenance of test data
- Assist the product team members with identifying and/or provisioning system test data using the appropriate available tools
- Lead test plan/strategy reviews and/or reviews automation or performance scripts with appropriate project stakeholders
- Leverage current tool(s) and technique(s) used to automate acceptance tests and link them to requirements key controls (E. g - Cucumber, Jasmine, Jest, or other BDD Frameworks)
- Demonstrated experience in automation testing/ writing and running test automation scripts
- Experience in integrating automation scripts in CI & CD (DevOps) pipeline
- Experience developing test strategies
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific testing experience preferred
- Understands relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and rest of technical team
Specific Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of the following systems tester practices and concepts:
- Test readiness reviews, requirements testability, test script execution (on-line and batch)
- Analyze data and determine discrepancies
- Determine reusability of test deliverables
- Documenting system test plans/scripts
- Quality assurance methodology and inspections
- Thoroughly scoped functional requirements and documentation deliverables
- Able to write and execute visual regression tests using Jest, Cypress, etc. and Performance/Load testing using JMeter
- Knowledgeable in testing accessibility requirements and security requirements
- Experience with AWS and the relevant cloud technologies
- Familiarity with CI/CD principles and DevOps
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.