Consultant, Network Reliability Engineering - Data center
A career that gives you more.
The Network Operations team is responsible for operating and maintaining the health of NAB's Enterprise network. This team not only operates the networks by leveraging the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topology and advanced tooling but also solves complex technical problems for our customers. This team is pivotal in driving technology changes that ensure a safe and reliable network, manage operational changes, determine root cause of complex issues, develop automated tooling and implement design optimizations that drive reliability Responsibilities:
What you will bring:
- Proactive monitoring and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance.
- Rapidly provide break-fix solutions to restore production system availability following outages.
- Perform maintenance activities and implement automation that reduces failure rates and downtime of network
- Safe execution of planned work to deploy production system changes & enhancements Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact.
- Act as a focal point for high impact wireless problem resolution
- Create and document action plans and standard operating procedures
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product) and mentor colleagues by transferring skills to the team via presentations or documentation etc.
- Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact
- Strong experience in network engineering or operations of large datacentre environment.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Nexus 9k,7k,3k, Juniper QFX switches etc
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, network protocols, EVPN/VXLAN, VRFs, DCI, Multicast
- Knowledge and experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience in network automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible, AppviewX, UCS Director, Cloudcenter, Junos Space etc
- Experience in shell Scripting and/or coding languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh) or similar. Experience in AWS, AZURE or similar cloud environment
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE or equivalent
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. About NAB
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
18 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time