Senior Manager, Assurance - Melbourne
- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Assurance team in Melbourne. This role is offered on a full-time basis. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Assume leadership role on audit engagements, providing advice and guidance to less experienced staff, ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and set standards for staff
- Complete assessment of financial statement disclosures for a complex set of financial statements
- Assist in the design and documentation of audit strategies for complex business environments, processes and activities
- Design, perform and interpret complex audit procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to the firm, its culture and its standards
Ideally, you'll also have
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Previous experience leading and managing teams
- Possess highly developed audit technical skills and knowledge of audit methodology and audit documentation standards
- Required: CA or equivalent professional qualification
Who are Assurance?
- At least 9 plus years' experience as an auditor
- A natural thirst for knowledge and continuous learning and improvement
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/nz/aboutassurance What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Māori network, enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.