Senior Manager, Distinguished Engineer
Your new role awaits
The Senior Manager, Distinguished Engineer role is a critical role required to collaborate & drive innovative solutions, providing strategic direction and thought leadership on new and emerging technologies. With a focus on building solutions, maximising use of emerging technologies that will enable NAB to transform our current technology & delivery to our customers ensuring new technologies get traction quickly.
The role is both a trusted & strategic advisor to the Executive & mentor to the Technology Service teams Day to day you will:
What you will bring:
- Be the thought leader on the integration and transition of emerging technologies across the business into scaled customer experience improving solutions;
- Promote and improve the maturity of the engineering and architecture practices across the organisation;
- Invent the solutions to enhance the organisations transformation journey, ensuring it is as optimised as possible;
- Provide technical guidance and support regarding performance; elastic scale; security; availability; cloud multi-tenancy & DevOps implementation, resolving, mitigating and preventing critical incidents;
- Hands on design and coding of whole/parts of the system/solution;
- Architecture/Design/Code reviews;
- Mentor and share technical expertise across the technical community;
- Have delegated authority along with the relevant Domain lead on technical decisions and solution ownership when/where needed.
Additionally, experience with the following will be highly desirable:
- The ability to think broadly within defined strategies & policies to meet business needs.
- Capability to Adapt & determine new solutions, while having the scope to adjust the budgets; policies & procedures within broadly defined parameters.
- Microservice architecture design experience
- Experience in Big Data technologies
- Deep and demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle including DevOps environments
- Experience in the creation of cloud solutions architecture and evaluation of architectural alternatives
- Extensive exposure to enterprise system architecture, design and developments
- Strong communication and relationship skills across the breadth of stakeholders including Senior Executive
- Modern object oriented and functional programming languages, UI frameworks, container technologies;
Your new team
- Experience with building large complex systems with high degree of scalability, simple design and architecture, operability, availability;
- Experience with experimentation platforms.
As part of Technology Enterprise, you will be part of the Leadership Team and help drive the future of Technology at NAB.
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. NAB is rapidly building a top-notch Cloud engineering capability and culture; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
31 Jul 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time