Analyst - Sanctions Analytics
Analyst - Sanctions Analyst
Your role will be ensuring our detection systems are kept up to date with the latest emerging trends, whilst ensuring alert rates are kept to a minimum with nil risks occurring through changes implemented. See yourself in the team:
The Sanctions Analytics team sits under Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Financial Crime Compliance in Risk Management. The team is responsible for the maintenance of and enhancements to the Group's Sanctions systems by way of continual monitoring and optimisation of the Group's detection system.
We are responsible for analysing financial crime data, implementing detection strategies that mitigate risk and prevent financial loss whilst ensuring minimal impacts to customer experience, product profitability and reputation.
We support financial crime technology projects; this includes input into business requirements, solution design, and testing and change management.
We aim to be World Class in capability, provide actionable insights that help increase efficiency of the detection system and improve Operational efficiency, and be trusted partners and the team that everyone wants to work for. Do work that matters:
You will be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities and ensure any operational impact is communicated and managed effectively.
You will be required regularly to engage with projects to provide requirements and assist with testing and change management activities. More Specifically:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Make continual improvements to detection system by designing optimization and detection rules to ensure maximum detection
- Actively detect and manage emerging events, ensure strategies are implemented which effectively manage associated risk
- Perform data analysis, provide insights into trends and anomalies including root cause utilising SAS, Teradata and FircoSoft tools
- Build effective working relationships within Group Operations and Risk Management
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of solution delivery
- Understand the key priorities of our customers and demonstrate value add
- Provide and maintain project documentation and ensure governance and audit standards are adhered to
- Ability to analyse and recommend mitigating strategies to emerging fraud trends within a short timeframe
- Manage potentially difficult interactions ensuring the appropriate priority or severity level is assigned
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Experience in Financial Crime and payments
- Experience in Fircosoft or other screening technologies
- Solid SQL or SAS programming skills
- Statistical analysis skillset such as R, Python and visualization tools such as Tableau (not mandatory, good to possess)
- Advanced verbal, written and numeracy skills
- A demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders to resolve issues
- Tertiary qualifications in a numerate and / or IT based discipline or relevant industry experience
- Qualified SQL and SAS programmer
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 05/08/2020