Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and create1 the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear giving those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of developers at our HQ in Sydney. You'll be part of a growing team, creating our next generation of infrastructure and delivering value to our customers through creative improvements to our product. You'll be responsible for building an effective team, empowering them to achieve their goals, and putting those goals into broader context. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you, coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Significant experience with building large scale systems using cloud providers
- Experience leading a development team in a technical capacity
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Strong organizational, contribution, and project management skills,
- Operational experience with teams responsible for running mission-critical production services
- Strong customer mindset
- Helping teams drive innovation through robust technical sparring sessions
Experience in the following is preferred:
More about our benefits
- Employee performance, growth management
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience with building and running cloud-provider-based infrastructure
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with Python development
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with Networking: IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, Proxy technologies
- Experience with AWS building blocks such as VPC, EC2 compute, Lambda, load-balancing
- Familiarity with product management practices
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.