Products Operations Technician
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We are looking for skilled Product Operations Technicians with a passion for technology to help us expand our Cloud to the next level. The primary focus of the role will be to operate, support and expand Snowball storage product processes.
More about us:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment encouraging creativity and personal development while maintaining AWS computing environments in a secure, scalable, and cost-effective manner.
Mid 2012, AWS S3 web service accepted its 1 trillionth object, currently accepting more than 40,000 objects uploaded every second on a daily basis. To keep up with this demand on both disk and network capacity, we continue to expand our Data Centers in every region! Our content delivery AWS service, Cloud Front, has expanded its Data Centers presence by over 50% worldwide in the last 12 months and are expected to continue increasing! This requires talented people to build & manage. We hope it is you!
At Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress. If your career path is in Systems, Network or Database Engineering, Software Development or maybe AWS Support, Technical Operations or perhaps Project Management, we will create a development plan to enable you to succeed reaching those goals. This begins on Day One! Come and work for the world's most Customer Centric Company.
The Opportunity: Non-Rack Products Operations Technician
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
A Non-Rack Products Operations Technician may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Snowball teams, technical account managers, product managers, logistics) and external customers (technical account managers representing our external customers). There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges.
Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
Problem Solving: Maintain a high level of product reliability by prioritizing and resolving trouble tickets efficiently, these include:
• Snowball devices logistical support (executing incoming and outgoing Snowball orders) - https://aws.amazon.com/snowball/
• Escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Snowball related problems and issues
• Deep diving into hardware, process and the logistics issues
• Project management - expansion of Snowball and its services
• Support and maintenance of infrastructure
• On-boarding new services and creating processes
Operations: Meet 24x7 On-Call requirements and response
• Management of Snowball service Logistics SLAs
• Triage & resolve trouble tickets
• Data Center point of contact for all High Severity issues
• Physical replacement of electronic components
• Ensure correct rotation of parts & spares
• Help define metrics to increase our customer uptime
• Enforcing Amazons Security Best Practices
• Interact with third party vendors & contractors
• Contribute ideas to improve operational efficiency
• Participate in and deliver on a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects
• Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates
• Help build the world's largest Cloud infrastructure
Mentoring: Share knowledge and help educate less technical staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
Hiring: Contribute towards building a great team by getting involved in the Amazon hiring process/candidate interviews
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit AMAZON Web Services** Basic Qualifications
• Basic understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
• Basic Computer Hardware Troubleshooting experience
• Some Experience with Network Protocols
• Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
• Project management skills - status updates and tracking
• Strong Communication Skills
• Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware! Preferred Qualifications
• Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
• Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
• Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
• Participated in Project Management
• Experience or Knowledge of AWS products: Snowball, EC2, EBS, S3 etc.
• Scripting aptitude: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
* This role involves covering 24x7 on-call rotation