Senior Design Manager, Server & Data Center
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager for Atlassian's Server and Data Center products. You'll be leading all of our design teams across Sydney and Gdańsk, Poland, who are responsible for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd and Bamboo, to name a few, for some of our largest enterprise customers!
You will help develop individual teams, build strategic impact and champion the user experience in Atlassian's products. You will also work closely with Product and Engineering partners, along with other stakeholders, to set product strategy, and guide multi-craft R&D teams to deliver on their goals.
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and mentorship to your team in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer strategic design direction and grow design at Atlassian in Sydney, then this role could be for you. More about the team
First and foremost, design leaders at Atlassian foster and grow design talent. They're in it for the people and for leading others to succeed. They're comfortable wearing many different hats - they're a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar with, as well as a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to create and define product strategy and are directly accountable for the user experience.
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Provide cross-craft teams with the direction, leadership and support necessary to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Be part of the leadership team, and define the design direction for, our Server and Data Center products
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team
- Partner with teams working on SaaS products across the business to help shape how customers transition to Atlassian's SaaS tools
To be successful here, you will:
- Have previous experience with managing design managers
- Have a track record of setting up teams to succeed, bringing in the right individuals, rituals and techniques so teams are able to define and achieve customer-oriented goals
- Demonstrate phenomenal facilitation skills and are able to collaborate effectively with other functions
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer's shoes
We'd love for you to:
More about our benefits
- Have experience leading a geo-distributed design team that works across multiple product domains simultaneously
- Be able to show an example of having lead a cross-craft project that delivered measurable improvement to users
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.