Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
As a member of the Avaloq Product Localisation Team Australia, you will be part of a group of highly skilled, motivated and dynamic people that are responsible for developing the Australian Tax & Superannuation module and the standardization of the Avaloq Banking Suite for the Australian market.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills who is interested in designing and developing scalable solutions for the Australian financial services industry.
This job represents a unique opportunity to advance your development skills, but also to acquire banking and wealth management know how on a top level. You will become an expert of our core banking software and the corresponding business processes in the industry.
- Design and develop new features for the Australian Tax and Superannuation modules, from inception to production, with a cross-functional mindset
- Solve complex problems at scale and develop high performance solutions
- Maintain existing functionality and resolve defects
- Contribute to the technical direction by actively participating in solution design
- Ensure high quality of our software via code reviews and automated testing
What you need
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics Engineering or similar
- Strong software engineering skills, understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in development of enterprise software solutions, ideally with relational databases
- Excellent analytical skills and high standards of quality
- Good communication skills to closely collaborate with customers and colleagues globally
You will get extra points for the following
- Knowledge in Oracle database architecture and PL/SQL is a plus
- Previous experience or a keen interest in the financial services industry is a plus
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Depending on the performance in the respective year, Avaloq aims to share the success with all employees by paying out so called Success Share Units.