Tableau Reporting Specialist
AI and big data are changing the world. At CommBank we understand this and have significant focus on using the power of data and analytics to provide unique customer experiences and to transform our business. Our Team
The Group Marketing mission is to set the global marketing benchmark by bringing data, insights and creativity to life to engage our customers and communities and deliver outcomes. We experiment, learn and innovate to delight our customers. We are proud to work here, where bravery, curiosity and diversity is celebrated. We create an environment of openness and trust and welcome constructive challenge.
We are building a courageous and exceptional team, through applying analytics and insights to deeply understand our customers, delivering relevant and impactful content and optimising activity through cutting edge marketing technology and practices.
The Customer Analytics team support business decisions with deep actionable insights across many areas of the group, predominately MCA, RBS, BPB and WM.
The purpose of the Customer Analytics team is to support more effective customer driven business decisions through the development of customer behavioural insights and predictions which allow a more comprehensive understanding of our customers and their needs.
The Customer Analytics team use both internal and external data sources to perform product, customer and channel behavioural analysis to enable business decision making at a strategic and tactical level Your Impact
This role will design and deliver tableau dashboards to deliver meaningful actionable insights and analytics to drive and influence the marketing strategic agenda for Commbank partnering with areas such as marketing, external marketing agencies and DDS
This role will have accountability for scoping, planning and executing the analytics required to understand and optimize our marketing investment and will play an influential role in the direction and overall success of our marketing program.
The role is also accountable for undertaking proactive, exploratory analysis to uncover insights that would lead to strategy development, and then engaging with the business to deliver insights.
An advanced understanding of marketing and media analytics will ensure that analytical solutions are able to be integrated with marketing strategy More Specifically:
What You Will Have
- The role is responsible for collaborating with end users to understand reporting requirements and uses data visualisation tools (currently Tableau) to create simple to complex content (e.g. dashboards, scorecards, visualisations, analysis and self-service reporting tools)
- Understands underlying data and assesses its quality and usability for any particular analysis
- Creates efficient and high-quality analytic templates and components that can be deployed across multiple environments
- Assesses data integrity on reports and works with appropriate departments for problem resolution
- Optimises the user experience through effective design
- Manages content and functioning across all deployments
- Manage analytics suppliers in line with risk appetite and as defined by Data Management policy.
- Effective information and data management, including: timely, accurate and quality capture and ongoing management of CBA management information in line with applicable legislation to support accessibility, traceability and reporting of key decisions and outcomes
- 5+ years analytics and reporting experience
- Previous experience with Tableau
- Ability to design and develop reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop and web edit including incorporation of parameters, worksheet and dashboard actions and other advanced features
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Data and database management skills with various tools such as txt editors, Microsoft Excel, and mySQL toolbox. SQL query writing a plus
- Ability to demonstrate and explain reports and dashboards to internal business teams.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage detail work and communicate
- Previous experience in financial services with a strong understanding of proprietary banking distribution channels (Branch, Phone, Online, Mobile etc.), channel
- Experience dealing with a highly complex operational and governance / stakeholder environment
- Track record of working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across teams
This role has high visibility and high impact, offering the opportunity to reinforce and stretch a number of critical leadership skills. You will be exposed to senior leaders across the Group and be involved in developing, implementing and supporting key Group Strategies.
Your ability to demonstrate the many skills required of you to a high level, combined with your active role-modelling of the Group's values and people capabilities, will support you in having access to many and varied opportunities at the most senior levels.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/05/2020