Reporting to the Head of Trade Product, the role will encompass the following key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- working closely with internal partners including relationship management teams, risk, operations, compliance, finance and other key stakeholders to develop and promote ABC’s Trade Services (TS) business (i.e. Trade Flow products e.g. Import LCs, Export LCs, Guarantees, Import/Export Collections, etc) and related client solutions
- provide product / technical expertise required for structuring appropriate trade facilities, developing market appropriate products/services and ensuring clients utilize trade facilities and services effectively
- create Product Approval Programs incl. product parameters and risk acceptance criteria for the relevant Trade Services sub-products, for application & adherence across the Group
- identify and drive resolutions at an early stage re any deficiencies that hinder closure of deals with thorough understanding of international trade policies and compliance/risk guidelines
- compose medium & short term product/business expansion strategy spanning across all sub-products and regions
- continually enhance the TS product delivery framework, partnering with key functions e.g. Legal, Operations etc. i.e. definition & structuring tenets, documentation simplification, pricing thresholds/structure/consistency. operational delivery and integrated customer service framework covering all key aspects (front to back) to deliver industry-leading TAT/STP ratios
- partner with IT/Operations & other stakeholders to select and help drive implementation of chosen vendor in building a fully digitized & holistic front-end corporate channel, including interface with internal product processors and down-stream auto-reporting into relevant credit, financial and regulatory systems
- continued product innovation, working with clients and internal stakeholders to identify, structure and develop roll-out plan across geographies to drive the product value proposition to the next level as a market leader/differentiator
- enhance and optimize the technical skills of staff involved in TS activities via ongoing training and taxes execution
- evaluate opportunities proposed by sales/coverage teams and own the structuring and delivery of innovative client solution after internal due diligence, design of strong product structure with internal deal review/relevant stakeholder approvals obtained
- undertake periodic reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of Trade Services operational processes in partnership with Operations Heads across the Group, to identify opportunities to eliminate risk, waste and improve efficiency and performance
- Product Governance; Manage and deliver the TS product P&L performance and delivery of Budget, detailed portfolio review and ongoing governance, Audit pre-preparation and liaison incl self-assessments, deal review and renewals, and overall portfolio management incl risks, controls and sustained overview
- Client origination/engagement; provide support / ongoing guidance to Sales/Coverage/Country teams in identifying business opportunities, co-lead client pitches and own production of best in class marketing materials both internal and external pitches (i.e. including tailored client presentations and broader generic marketing materials)
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Trade Product Management the job holder will be responsible for
- driving Trade policy and product programs that ultimately enable Trade Sales and Support teams to advise and promote Trade Services products to clients, thereby increasing trade business volumes across ABC.
- Providing technical support to all Bank ABC units on matters relating to Trade Services products.
- Providing assurance over the technical adequacy of day to day Client Advisory (in the presence of Trade Sales and Relationship Managers), as well as, processing arrangements within Bank ABC units and HOCC, ensuring that all activities are being performed in a manner that is consistent with ICC Standards and Group Policy requirements.
- Recognise and determine trends in trade related issues investigating where appropriate and implementing changes or coordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrences.
- Ensuring that the Group’s Trade Finance /Services teams are in accordance with recognized best practice, understand new trends and guidelines on Documentary Trade and that operational risks are being managed effectively.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted by ABC where required and recommend changes in product strategy where appropriate.
- Develop and deploy trade related policies, guidelines and practices to support the strategic objectives of the Group.
- Provide Trade technical support to Trade Sales teams, other Front Office colleagues and their clients in relation to the structuring of trade transactions in order to help ABC win business.
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff and stakeholders.
- Implementing changes to ABC Trade Policies in order to manage risk, improve customer service quality and process efficiency.
- Providing technical structuring advice and recommendations to ensure trade business is managed within the Group’s risk appetite
- Working with operational managers to embed changes within the Trade Services teams.
- Training staff to understand risks associated with Trade Services transactions and to demonstrate how these risks can be mitigated.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders in Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions, Risk & Compliance across ABC.
- Help ABC to win more trade business by building direct relationships with clients to transfer know-how of re-structuring and efficient handling of trade products.
- Assessing management information reports, identifying risks and issues and briefing senior managers on major implications of change projects.
- Excellent understanding of Trade Products & Services gained from hands-on experience in Trade-based operational roles.
- In-depth knowledge of ICC trade policies and procedures, case studies and opinions.
Education / Certifications
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification/ Certified Documentary Credit & Demand Guarantees Specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree ( a Masters’ degree will be an advantage)
- Excellent written and spoken English ability
- Arabic or French spoke/written skills will be an advantage
- C.10-15 years of experience in trade services product management within banks (or a Law Firm specializing on Trade). Strong and broad knowledge of Trade Services policy and compliance requirements.
- Holding an ICC level position on Trade Finance Forums and advisory panels will be an advantage