A) To plan, organise and control the operational resources of the Bahrain based Retail and Digital operations team on a day to day basis, in order to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and operational efficiency, whilst minimising risk to the Bank. Engage closely with key stakeholders in iLA Bank, MENA Retail Banking Units, other Group functions and external counterparties/vendors to ensure alignment of strategy and priorities.
B) To develop and deploy an agreed Retail and Digital Target Operating Model aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives. Successfully lead the program of organisational change that ensures that Retail and Digital Operations within the ABC Group are scalable, efficient and capable of being consistently and accurately measured.
Reporting to the Group Head of Operations the job holder will support the:
- delivery of strategic change initiatives in the way in which ABC operates Retail banking across Group units in accordance with the priorities agreed by the ABC Mancom..
- implementation of Operational Process Improvement initiatives using recognised industry concepts e.g. Lean / Six Sigma across a variety of products, services and channels,
- development and deployment of relevant Key Performance metrics to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the Group’s operational capability,
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to simplify existing Retail and Digital operational activities and ultimately deliver scalable solutions that can be consistently implemented across the Group.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have excellent knowledge of Retail Products and related operational best practices and experience of working as part of a team that develops and delivers transformational change initiatives. A solid understanding of Lean or Six Sigma tools and methodologies is also desirable.
- To build a high performing Retail and Digital team supported by robust succession plans.
- Ensure that all work processed by the Retail and Digital Operations team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external requirements.
- Recognise and determine trends in workflow issues, investigating further when appropriate and implementing changes or coordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrences.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted where required and recommend changes in the operating model where appropriate. Leading the development of a Groupwide Target Operating Model for Retail and Digital OperationsBuilding and deploying standard business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Developing and deploying tools and techniques to identify what changes in processes, procedures and practices are needed to support the strategic objectives of the Group.
- Applying a structured methodology to change management activities
- Managing the transition of change within the business
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff and stakeholders.
The job will primarily be focused on
a) the day to day management of Retail and Digital Operations (including iLA customer service centre) and
b) identifying and delivering change projects and initiatives designed to create a unified target operating model for the Group’s Retail and Digital Operations in order to simplify operational activities and deliver cost savings or efficiency opportunities.
The job holder will need to exhibit a can-do attitude, a passion for delivering change and challenging the status quo.
The job holder will be expected to work with Operations management and other stakeholders to ensure that change programmes are aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives whilst managing risks to within the established Group risk appetite.
- Excellent understanding of Retail Products and supporting digital technology solutions gained from hands-on experience in Retail based operational and change-related roles.
- Familiarity with and exposure to Change Management Methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Visio
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations as well as Project documentation e.g. Business Cases, Progress Reports etc.
Education / Certifications
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification.
- Lean / Six Sigma qualification
10-15 years of experience in managing complex Retail and Digital Operations teams ideally across geographic regions. Proven track record in leading and delivering successful organizational change programmes in the Retail banking arena
- Ability to influence change and instigate process improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work proactively without supervision
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English and ideally one other ABC business language, i.e. Arabic, French or Portuguese.
- Ability to speak in public and to senior stakeholders confidently
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with all levels in the business