Legal Counsel Asset Management
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- Degroof Petercam
- 19 Oct 18
Legal Counsel Asset Management
Context: Degroof Petercam is a reference independent financial institution, serving private, institutional investors and organizations, based on a history dating back to 1871.
Headquartered in Brussels, we employ 1400 professionals through offices in Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Switzerland, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Hong Kong.
Our clients benefit from best in-class services through the unique combination of private banking, institutional asset management, investment banking (corporate finance and financial intermediation) and asset services.
We manage assets of over 52 billion euro for private investors and families, corporates, public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies, governmental and non-profit organizations.
Within our business unit Degroof Petercam Asset Management, we are looking for a m/f Legal Counsel
Position: In this role you will :
- Steer jointly with Head of Legal and guide from a legal point of view the development and implementation of different projects
- (related to restructuration of funds managed by Institutional Asset Management, regulatory projects, and projects related to the institutional portfolio management);
- Support the pan-European distribution of investment funds;
- Advise and support management in the planning, development and execution of the company's business in line with policies, strategies, standards and best practices of laws and regulations;
- Develop, review and make recommendations to proposed contracts, legal forms, letters, licenses and all legal documents to provide clarity and anticipate legal risks;
- Maintain good relationships with the regulatory authorities (FSMA) and represent the company at the Belgian Asset Management Association (BEAMA);Monitor the regulatory and legislative evolution with a focus on investment funds related topics;
- Organize training sessions and keep informed the fund and institutional portfolio managers concerning legal evolutions.
- Ensure that legal opportunities and needs are effectively identified, anticipated, assessed and managed in a business-oriented manner in line with local laws, regulations and best professional practices.
- You will report to the General Secretary and Head of Legal of Degroof Petercam Asset Management.
- Belgian Master in law;
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a lawyer familiar with banking & finance law or in a similar position in the banking & finance industry. Experience with fund-specific regulations, MIFID, AIFM and/or UCITS is considered a plus;
- Fluent in Dutch and English or in French and English;
- Highly motivated and are able to integrate quickly in a new environment;
- Able to work autonomously;
- Solution oriented, organized and pro-active;
- Analytical thinker with sound business acumen, objectivity and accountability;
- Ability of translating complex theoretical principles towards the practical implications for the asset management business;
- Ability of building up good interpersonal relationship and like to work in close partnership with the people in the business.
Our Offer: By working for our group, you will join an independent Belgian family-rooted business with 140 years of sound experience, more than 1400 talents, that combines in-depth expertise with a strong collective knowledge at the service of our clients.
We are behind those who have the ambition to move forward: beginning or established investors, entrepreneurs, institutions, companies and our staff. We believe that words like independence, cooperation, customer focus, ethics, sustainability and entrepreneurship are not just words.
We think that it is not the size of a company that makes it great, but its human values and the accessibility of its people. We are committed to invest in our people and in the best workplace in order to attract and retain top talent and to produce the best work.