Financial Risk Management - Senior Consultant / Manager About Avantage Reply
Avantage Reply, part of the Reply Group, specializes in Financial Services consulting with a focus on Risk and Finance Transformation, Treasury and Capital, Quantitative Modelling, Governance , Compliance , Regulatory Advisory and Data management .
Well-established in the Belgian financial sector, Avantage is also present across Europe and counts the world's most significant financial groups among its clients - incl. in banking, insurance & asset management - as well as supervisory & regulatory institutions. About the role
For our Brussels Office, we are seeking to grow our Financial Risk Management (FRM) practice with experienced profiles.
Within FRM, we assist our clients' - mainly banks - Risk Management & ALM/Treasury departments with their risk-related challenges (with a focus on credit, liquidity and interest rate risks). Our service offering spans across governance, policies and processes, analytics and models, systems and data.
As a member of our FRM team, you can expect to work on a variety of client assignments, such as:
- Refine how banks measure their expected credit losses and report their loan-loss provisions (PD/LGD modelling)
- Tackle emerging risks in particular with regards to the impact of climate change on banks' portfolios (physical and transition risks)
- Assess the impact of fluctuations in interest rates on banks' balance sheet
- Perform stress tests to assess capital and liquidity adequacy as part of ICAAP/ILAAP, recovery and resolution planning
- Anticipate the impact of upcoming regulatory changes and draw roadmaps to tackle the identified gaps
You take responsibilities for the delivery of end-to-end solutions for our clients and the quality of the work. You also coach and a ssist junior consultants on a day-to-day basis.
Next to client work, consultants are expected to actively contribute to the development of the practice in terms of service offering, recruitment, training. This includes the following:
- Remain attentive to trends in the banking sector (economic, financial & regulatory) and pro-actively identify opportunities to support clients tackling the associated challenges
- Take the lead on internal initiatives incl. the organization of client events, drafting of briefing notes, preparation of client presentations
- Take responsibility and ownership for certain topics within your areas of expertise (incl. regulatory watch) and share your insights and best practices with colleagues
- Assist with the preparation of client offers and development of the practice' service offering. You also provide inputs to the management with regards to business development and account management.
- Contribute to recruitment campaigns, screen CVs, participate to job fairs and conduct interviews
We offer a dynamic and challenging working environment with clients and colleagues. There is plenty of room for further development and training.
Skills & Qualifications
- Development opportunities - we value the professional growth and development of our employees, and we provide the resources and support needed to help them succeed (incl. renowned certifications such as the FRM or the CFA). This entails a tailored approach to each consultant's career path, e.g. whether he/she opts for specializing in a given area of expertise or developing competences in a more transversal way
- Great place to work - we are a non-hierarchical organization and promote openness, teamwork and knowledge sharing within the firm and wider Group of companies. I nternal events and team building activities are regularly organized for our employees to connect and build relationships.
- Competitive remuneration - We offer a competitive base salary and flexible benefits package (mobility policy, hospitalization insurance, etc.). In addition, we offer a range of incentives and bonuses to reward performance and to align individuals' incentives with those of the firm and our clients.
- Flexible work arrangements - consultants arrange their time schedule at the client, within our offices and at home. There may also be opportunities to travel abroad (mainly within Benelux and France).
- Master degree in Economics, Finance, Actuary or relevant business field;
- Proven relevant professional experience, whether in the industry or in a management consulting firm. In general we consider a minimum of 2 years for the grade of Senior Consultant and of 5 years for Managers;
- Good knowledge of bank accounting (IFRS 9) and prudential regulations (CRR / CRD, BRRD, SREP, etc);
- Quantitative skills and proficiency with VBA, R, Python and/or SAS;
- Commitment to continuous learning and expending your knowledge
- Interest in business development and constant attention to identify potential challenges for our clients and devise practical solutions;
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions. Ability to work independently while also demonstrating real team-working skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and ability to demonstrate these skills effectively across all levels of the organization;
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages (French or Dutch).