Application Development Specialist with Java/ J2EE, Python, React or Angular
Requisition ID: 86578
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This position is within a highly skilled and fast growing RegTech (Regulatory Technology) team. This team's mandate is: to build next generation of applications on platform utilizing the cloud through software-as-a-service . The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment to deliver solutions iteratively with business users.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work within a cross functional Agile team to deliver regulatory and compliance solutions for Capital Market area of the bank
- Build data mesh using big data tools to curate consumer domain datasets for regulatory and compliance use
- Design and developed trade surveillance frameworks (full-stack) to monitor, detect and investigate market manipulation, fraud and behaviour patterning
- Mentor and educate others on software engineering disciplines (e.g. test-driven development, configuration management and coding practices)
What the Ideal Candidate will have:
- A recognized degree in engineering, computer science, math or related discipline
- Expert experience with at least one programming languages: Python/Java/Scala/Q
- Expert experience with at least one database technology: Oracle, Postgres, kdb, ElasticSearch, Dremio, Presto
- Strong experience with big data tools: Spark, Parquet, minio, Dask, airflow, nifi
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Passionate about adapting new technologies to accelerate business value delivery
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Engineering, Finance