Business Analyst Senior - Market Risk, Derivative Trading
Requisition ID: 86736
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Story Behind the Need
- Business group: The XVA Technology team within the Derivatives Trading and Risk group ensure Value Adjustment for OCT derivative products have been accurately priced and Risk and Valuation precisely captured for traders, trade floor management, and risk groups.
- Project: The team just finished Phase I of the XVA project where they have identified the ability to onboard multiple derivative products within the bank leveraging GPU from cloud for calculation.
- The next phases will be adding additional derivative products into the system:
Reason for request: Project/Support Candidate Value Proposition
Typical Day in Role
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply risk and valuation knowledge on OCT derivative products while using latest technologies to performance complex xVA calculations (i.e. Angular, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, GPU)
- Have opportunities to work with traders, trade floor risk, cparty risk, market risk, product control and other various technology groups.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
- Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
- 5 + years' experience as a Business Analyst managing Derivative products
- 5 + years' experience managing Risk, P&L or Market Risk within the Capital Markets Industry
- 3 + years' experience programming with Python or Unix related languages
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to technical teams
Degrees or certifications:
- Previous XVA experience is a plus
- Previous working experience on risk and valuation relating to commodity, FX, Equity, or TRS
- Java / C++ is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Math, Finance, Computer science, Computer engineering or related field required
- Certifications: FRM/CFA
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Risk Management, Equity, Bank, Banking, Finance