Senior Program Delivery Manager (Bilingual: English-Spanish)
Requisition ID: 83787
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
The International Technology & Integrations (IT&I) team's mandate is to:
- Deliver on business initiatives by investing on specific technology capabilities
- Improve productivity by reducing structural cost and improving efficiency of our systems and our ways of working
- Modernize to win by upgrading our technology stack to make us better prepared to service evolving customers needs
- Fix the basic by investing in foundational and tactical initiatives that are necessary to ensure reliable operations of our systems
The Program Delivery Manager performs the roles of a Project Manager and a Relationship Manager to delivery local and enterprise IT components to land the implementation of strategic projects (e.g. Benchmark Rate Reform), across International Banking countries, on time and on budget, based on initial project plans and forecasts. Is this role right for you?
In this role, you will
1. Lead the Planning of IT&I activities for assigned approved projects:
- Facilitate planning sessions, securing required IT resources, creating and managing project plans
- Responsible for assessing risks to project timeline, cost or scope. Risk must be identified, and mitigation strategies established
- Represent IT in creating the implementation and rollout strategy, the project test strategy and assisting in determining user training needs
- Develop the calendaring of all planning steps including strategy planning and business planning in collaboration with business partners
2. Manage the execution of the IT Project plan:
- Organize and facilitate the development of a structured, detailed and disciplined project plan based on a good understanding of the impact on the business and key support functions
- Manage and mentor assigned project resources, leading the business requirements definition
- Oversee the user acceptance testing effort and successfully implement new business processes.
- Responsible for review and management of project documentation.
- Influence and negotiate with project participants, senior management and all other stakeholders to maintain support, negotiate priorities and ensure the project stays on track.
- Track plans to milestones to ensure progress versus expectations
3. Lead the ongoing assessment and support of IT&I strategic projects and initiatives:
- Define and prioritize technology and operational projects to meet the needs of the business.
- Manages complex projects with broader business scope and multiple work streams
- Provide post-implementation status updates and support to all senior stakeholders to ensure ongoing project success Identify project drivers, defining and monitoring scope, budget and schedules
- Developing reports, as needed, on the major trends impacting the markets, the evolving competitive environment and business strategic imperatives.
4. Communicate the status and escalation of project issues to Business Line management and any other Stakeholders within IT&S:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Drive the transition of the project implementation plan to support and ensure business needs continue to be met and documentation of lessons learned are communicated to all IT stakeholders.
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating the progress of initiatives against defined project
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Business Line's project methodologies, strategies and policies, risk management practices, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to internal clients and users.
What's in it for you?
- 5-7 years of IT experience in financial services is required.
- University degree required (Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, or Information Technology)
- Advanced knowledge of Banking systems, financial instruments and markets, current regulatory environments and end to end workflows among the front, middle and back systems.
- Thorough knowledge of standard project methodologies and experience leading projects with multiple resources in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Ability to run projects independently, managing timelines, tasks and overall deliverables.
- A solid relationship management background including in-depth experience and demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary initiatives of varying sizes and complexity (across different countries) ensuring all elements of change are considered understood and managed.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and prioritize several concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiating skills to gain from stakeholders and drive projects through to completion.
- Excellent team leadership, coaching and management skills to effectively develop, motivate and manage cross-functional teams to meet tight deadlines and manage and influence others.
- Excellent business analysis, problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual English - Spanish
- Willing to travel across LATAM region
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Law, Bank, Banking, Bilingual, Technology, Legal, Finance