Solution Architect, Robotics
Requisition ID: 84354
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Role and the Team:
Leads and oversees Robotic Program implementations in Enterprise Productivity / Technology ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Promotes Robotics across the Bank and will be the primary point of contact with multiple stakeholders who will be at different stages of their journey with robotics and requiring bespoke interactions. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for major business application and technology initiatives focusing on robotic process automation (RPA), robotic desktop automation (RDA) and Machine Learning;
- Develop and document RPA configuration best practices, configure new RPA processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand;
- Act as an internal consultant on all RPA/RDA infrastructure related items
- Participate in all phases of the project development life cycle;
- Manage, analyze and present Performance and Capacity Management functions to Director, Enterprise Architect and other IT&S Solutions Architects on all systems supported;
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Education and Experience:
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- 10 + years technical work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience in RPA and RDA implementation with focus on leading the conceptual, logical and physical design of Infrastructure environments
- Minimum 4-5 years in Corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Technical designations an asset
- Experience through all phases of the technology life cycle, including project planning, requirements definition, design, build/configuration, testing and operational transition
- Experience working in an Agile project environment
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- French and / or Spanish language skills an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Bank, Banking, Developer, Technology, Engineering, Finance