Sr Machine Learning Product Engineer
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Layer 6 is a leading Canadian machine learning applied research company, a fully owned subsidiary of TD Bank Group. Layer 6 develops advanced machine learning and deep learning systems that have the power to uplift large populations while advancing the field of artificial intelligence. Our research is supported by access to massive datasets, close collaboration with world renowned academic faculty, and a uniquely scalable machine learning platform.
Our technical capabilities have been publicly recognized through a number of wins in various international machine learning competitions, including the prestigious ACM RecSys Challenge (the only repeat winner in 2017 and 2018 and runner-up in 2019), Google's Landmark Retrieval Challenge (2nd place in 2018, 3rd place in 2019), the Stanford Question Answering Dataset (2nd place in 2019), 3rd YouTube-8M Video Understanding Challenge (winner in 2019) and Open Images 2019 - Visual Relationship (winner in 2019).
The Machine Learning Product Engineer team at Layer 6 focuses on building industry-leading data-centric systems and model delivery systems. Our solutions include data pipelines, feature data lake, systemic data validation and automation of key activities in model delivery including model validation, shakedown, inference, and maintenance.
We are looking for experienced Senior Machine Learning Product Engineers (Sr. MLPE) who have worked under tight deadlines and on challenging tasks. The ideal candidate is a master of coding and system design. They also are experts in data engineering and/or machine learning.
The candidate will be the go-to person for data and model delivery. They will lead and coordinate efforts of members on the MLPE team to ensure best engineering practice in our systems. The candidate will interact with machine learning scientists, the infrastructure team and data sources team to develop systems that will satisfy the needs of machine learning projects. Job Description About This Role
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to Layer 6?
- Lead the design and implementation of complex data-centric solutions, including extremely complex and large data set verification, transformation and feature generation, to ensure continuous high-quality input for the model development
- Lead the design and implementation of model delivery systems, including inference pipeline, automatic model validation reports generation, automatic model performance monitoring and model retraining, to ensure fast model productionization and reliable production system
- Go-to person for data and model delivery within Layer 6
- Lead and mentor Machine Learning Product Engineers to ensure best engineering practice in our systems.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Benefits:
- BSc+ in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or similar
- 5+ years of extensive programming experience, at least 3 years in building production data systems
- 3+ years experience of building machine learning production system
- Expert level skills in system design
- Expert in Big Data technologies and frameworks including but not limited to Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Practical expertise in performance tuning, bottleneck problems analysis, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Big Data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as Azure and AWS
- Strong experience with Scala and Java 8
- C++, Python experience (nice-to-have)
- Entrepreneurial and inclusive culture
- Excellent health coverage and pension plan
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Catered lunches twice a week over machine learning talks
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.