Visual Designer, Mobile
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION Work with a team of creative professionals from diverse disciplines collaborating closely with business partners to generate insights, concepts, experiences and deliver experiences designs for the TD app. You have deep experience and practical expertise in Mobile User Interface Design and help set the TD North American Mobile Apps' visual design direction, style, and methodology. You will also help set bar for quality and innovation in the office. A balanced understanding of experience design, usability, interaction, and visual design is a must. You will also collaborate with and support members of the mobile visual design team. The Visual Designer, Mobile is responsible for execution of creative deliverables under the direction of the Service Design Director and aligned to the overall Digital Creative Direction leading our mobile experiences. You obsess over details that impact the experience as a whole and insist on iterating until we've gotten it right. You see feedback as a good thing. You will be responsible for defining, evangelizing, and driving the implementation of the design vision for TD mobile app products. As an experienced professional with comprehensive mobile designs experience and an exquisite taste level, you will make meaningful contributions to all aspects of TD North American apps presence in the marketplace. A powerful communicator, both visually and verbally that execute the direction and the development of projects, presentations and creative execution with a distinct style and thoughtful point of view. You will contribute to our mobile visual design principles to ensure our team is aligned. You'll get a chance to work with a team of creatives from diverse disciplines and industries, and collaborate closely with the best design research team in the industry to generate insights, concepts and experiences. A deep understanding of our customers is foundational to our design practice. You have a deep understanding of the user experience elements around all our mobile consumer products. We are looking for a profoundly engaged and experienced designer to deliver new creative and design thinking in TD North American Apps. You will contribute to all visual design frameworks for all our mobile app products to ensure we present a coherent brand image. You know the experience design process from end to end and can act as a senior designer in the development of the complete range of visual design artifacts. You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders and comfortable working collaboratively with experience design team members. If this sounds like you and you're interested in joining a team of top design talent creating industry-leading experiences across all customer touchpoints then we want to hear from you. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES • Contribute and execute the development of visual and interactive designs for the TD app.
• Support the planning and development process of the Bank's digital interface design standards, usability guidelines, accessibility guidelines and development methodologies.
• Ensure conformance with Bank's design and accessibility standards.
• Implement user interface designs conforming to Bank's design standards, usability guidelines, and development methodologies.
• Assist in the development of design utilizing user-centered design principles to deliver best in class experiences.
• Identify development challenges or issues. Research and make recommendations for solutions and lead the implementation of solutions.
• Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, feature team scoping/planning, estimating effort, design, post-launch evaluation and stakeholder communication . Requirements
• A degree in design or a design-related discipline (visual design, graphic design, product design, etc.)
• 3-5 years of experience designing interactive experiences for mobile apps (iOS and Android)
• Deep knowledge of iOS and Android Human Interface Guidelines
• Comprehensive understanding of interaction and UI design
• Passion for creating simple and stunning visual design solutions
• Ability to translate conceptual ideas into compelling customer experiences
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to ask good questions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to communicate ideas to a diverse audience and constructively integrate feedback
• A conceptual thinker with proven problem solving skills
• Ability to see the "big picture" and hone-in on the details
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well in a team environment
• Proficiency with design tools as such as Adobe's Creative Suite, Invison, Sketch, etc.
• Strong portfolio that showcases your understanding of user-centred design
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.