- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 14 Dec 17
The role involves utilizing a variety of technologies to provide extremely fast time-to-market tools and applications. The role will be responsible for developing high quality tactical tools for the business while keeping an option on integrating proven solutions into the more structured application suite.
• The candidate will be expected to closely liaise with trading, quants, structuring and the IT group in the equity derivatives business. The products spread across exchange listed, OTC and exotics.
• The candidate will be able to rapidly learn detailed knowledge and experience of Equity Derivatives trading / risk management from both a business and technology perspective.
• The candidate will be responsible to build up significant relationship with Front Office, as an aspect of this role will be to operate very closely to the business and to be able to confidently and competently communicate and deliver.
• The candidate will be participating in the design and development of proprietary infrastructure, systems, and applications which are used by Front Office to provide streamline services to our clients and generating business revenue, such as:
o Working with ADS IT team and provide enhancement to the algorithms and platforms used by APAC Warrant Trading business for our daily market-making activities
o Working with Global Client Facing IT team and engineered the electronic email quoting platforms for Structured Flow Business globally
o Working with APAC Derivative Trading team in building analytical tools and algorithms to estimate future volatilities for our flow and parameter management processes.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
UBS's IB Service Delivery team at Shanghai is looking for Desk Developers on Equity Derivatives (Full Time). The positions are open to both fresh graduates and professionals with 1 to 5 years of experience.
Your experience and skills
• Minimum Bachelor degree from a top tier University. Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics majors preferred
• Self-motivated with independent thinking
• An excellent team player focusing on high quality deliveries
• Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English
• Strong interest in applying academic knowledge/technical skills in solving practical financial problems
• Strong development skills in at least one of the following languages - C# / Java / C++ / Python / Lua
• Keen interest in creating user-friendly, efficient and robust tools
• Knowledge about HTTP, TCP/IP, Excel VBA and Unix programming will be a plus
• Knowledge about derivatives will be a major plus
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.