Private Bank China Core Platform Lead
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The PB China Core platform lead role will operate out of Shanghai but reporting to the APAC WM Core platform function in Singapore. The lead provides support to PB China business and is aligned with their growth and renovation within the region. The role serves the product management function for the WM business with the platform ownership of the local China platforms.
The chosen individual will lead the solutioning and delivery of strategic and critical initiatives within the change programs for PB China. Strong influencing skills and a good working knowledge of products and market trends is required. You must have a desire to be part of a high-profile, multi-faceted team that provides vital support in day to day technology management as well as long-term initiatives.
The lead will:
- Work closely with the business COO to drive platform strategy through prioritization and shaping of business demands, design and selection of solutions
- Seek to drive effective end-to-end delivery of prioritized programs ensuring the investments are optimized from cost, time to market and strategic fit perspective
- Steer program level governance forums to engage sponsors and business partners
- Supervise & review resource and funding utilization taking corrective actions proactively as required
- Ensure compliance with the governance and risk of the delivery together with One IT & Change counterparts
Core Tasks include:
- Dedicated in ensuring end-to-end requirements from business partners are clear and target business processes are defined to be included in the product backlog
- Challenging partners on the business value and the justifications before determining the priority of the product backlog.
- Prioritizing the book of work for multiple IT development teams
- Actively manage project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
- Engaging business partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure any decisions required are consulted by all key partners
- Aligning with APAC platform strategy constantly to ultimately bring the PB china platforms to the standard APAC platform suite of IT apps.
- Keen understanding of upstream and downstream dependencies to contribute towards roadmaps for the platform
- Proactive risk management - building a sustainable control environment by reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices
- Commercial attitude towards quality, cost and delivery of the projects
- Overarching desire to get things done and move towards technology end-state
- Excellent structuring and story-lining skills with the ability to distil complex topics into material that is suitable for senior management level communication is essential.
Skills required include:
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in private banking or technology development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – problem structuring, logical thinking and story-lining essential
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and with senior management
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Advanced knowledge of business process, markets trends and products
- Develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating domain experience.
- In partnership with key partners form and maintain the product vision. Communicate product vision and the functional requirements of the business partners to IT delivery teams
- Define and prioritize product roadmap and team backlog such that the solution effectively addresses business priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Ensure Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next. Communicate and ensure team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level required
- Author requirements, epics, user stories, tasks and timelines aligned with user/customer/market needs; ensures stories meet the "definition of ready" criteria;
- Identify partner needs, negotiate priorities between competing partner interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Product Management / Operations and 10+ years’ experience in Private Banking or Wealth Management Industry
- Candidates who have worked in Shanghai market would have an advantage
- Result oriented, dedicated, who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.