Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Job Description This is a unique opportunity to join a team who are experiencing a period of growth.
You will join the team as Quality Assurance Engineer. You will participate in the whole Moody's RiskFoundation Scenario Analyzer Enterprise solution lifecycle. In daily cooperation with Software Engineers and Business Analysts, you will participate in the design, writing and execution of tests based on technical or functional specifications. The Role / Responsibilities:
An Assistant Director- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Assist in the implementation of test automation frameworks.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyze test results at the story or feature level and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Collaborate with software engineers to identify and fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to identify and solve environment issues.
- Provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Influence the functional design and user experience.
Qualifications Required skills:
Experience in the following would be appreciated:
- Proficient in data access techniques for relational databases (SQL).
- Competent in Application Servers: Apache Tomcat and/or WebSphere and/or Jetty and/or WebLogic and/or JBoss and/or Liberty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in French.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail.
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause and provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Quickly learn new technologies; proactively seeks to improve.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Programming Languages: Java and/or scripting languages.
- Significant QA experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of QA methodologies
- Ticketing & source control & CI systems, i.e. Jira, Rally, Perforce, Git, Jenkins.
- Professional software design and development experience.
- An agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration.
- Ideally have obtained a Masters degree in Computer Science.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.