Job Description Moody's Analytics is seeking a highly motivated and experimented web application developer to join our Platform team and help build the next generation of productions.
Qualified candidates will have strong communication skills, have worked with multiple development teams, and have worked on a large framework (over hundreds of thousands lines of code).
- Contribute to the migration of a proprietary framework (used to design web interfaces) to HTML5/Angular7+
- Contribute to the design of a Test API to implement end-to-end testing
- Work with multiple development teams to help them use and debug the framework
- Review code, provide feedback, training and support to multiple teams to ensure a high standard of quality
- Work closely with the User Experience team to ensure components meet or exceed visual requirements
- Provides solid documentation through Demo Website, webinar and architectural scheme
Moody's Analytics is rapidly adopting the latest technologies and needs someone that can help build the foundation for our products. The existing framework is already used by many teams both internally and externally (with customization on the client side). The candidate will join a team migrating the current framework from Angular 1.x to Angular 8.
At Moody's, we believe in using the right tool for the right job, and we are eager to use the best that the open source world has to offer. We are currently using Angular 1.x but plan to transition to Angular 8.0. We practice agile development with quick iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build process.
- Java (Server Side)
- Angular 7+ + TypeScript/Tslint/TypeDoc (Client Side)
- Material Design knowledge (+Angular Material)
- Node, NPM, Webpack, Angular-CLI
- Junit and TestNG for Server Side Testing
- TestNG, Selenium and AUTReporter for E2E Testing
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of web application development experience
- Strong knowledge of web standards, best practices and front-end performance
- Strong knowledge of source control systems and best practices (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
- Strong background or understanding of server-side technologies based on Java (Spring, Springboot, maven, …)
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art web technologies (RESTful services, Real-time web technologies, Websockets, Server push etc.)
- Excellent communication skills for working with multiple teams
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.