Head International Desk Transaction Banking (Frankfurt) - Parijs
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France Paris Ile-de-France FR
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Head International Desk Transaction Banking (Frankfurt) - Parijs
At a glance
The foundation of ABN AMRO's (AA's) long-term strategy stands firm: we are client-driven, a bank with a moderate risk profile that will continue to invest in the future and pursue sustainable growth. AA will focus its efforts in the coming years on delivering expertise, digital convenience, innovation, growth and an agile, simplified organisation. The International Desks (ID's) facilitate the international growth by servicing subsidiaries and branches of the core clients of ABN AMRO worldwide as effectively as possible. We aim for long-term relationships marked by mutual trust. We seek to distinguish ourselves by providing ordinary services extraordinarily well and by helping our clients to achieve their ambitions.
This vision results in the ambition of the International Desk (ID) to:
- Ensure clients are engaged and client satisfaction is high;
- Financial results are good (minimum break-even) and organizational cost are under control;
- We are the 'Employer of choice' for people wanting to work for a bank;
- Internal stakeholders are aware of and happy with the service the desks provide;
- Our house is in order, both from a compliance as from a risk perspective.
The Head of the ID
- Is responsible for the local client services for core clients in his/her country concerned and for cross-selling to other business lines;
- Has a personal portfolio consisting of the larger clients in the client base assigned to the team, or the most important clients in terms of status and/or influence in the area;
- Will manage a small team of 3-5;
- Is responsible for the P&L of the Desk and the SLA's with different enablers in his/her country and
- Ensures the moderate risk profile of AA is reflected in the client portfolio, products sold and mind set of the team;
- Will be involved in the more complex international deals;
- Will be the local specialist for Transaction Banking (TB) products like trade guarantees and will visit C&IB (EIGO) clients together with the Coverage Banker to promote TB products;
- Further, gives input on the development of the international product- and service offering and will take up project responsibility, not only for local projects, but also for projects that go beyond his/her country.
Management of resources
- Holds overall responsibility for client satisfaction, return, effectiveness, productivity, international expertise and overall team performance. Hierarchically, he/she supervises the Relationship Managers, Assistant Relationship Managers, Client Service accounts Manager(s) and the Client Service Officers.
- Supervises the employees in the team with the aim to realize cross-selling, increase client satisfaction, optimize returns and limit risks of the client portfolio. Furthermore he/she is driving change processes, embedding the ABN AMRO culture and behaviour and retaining employee engagement and satisfaction at all times.
- Agrees SMART objectives (PD - Performance Dialogue) with staff including those on personal development, and adjusts when necessary.
- Conducts structural performance dialogues and an end of year appraisal.
- Monitors FTE budget and resources, providing for sufficient diversity in the team in terms of gender, age, levels and expertise.
- Provides for working conditions in which staff can deliver the best possible performance.
- Promotes, monitors and steers the commercial activities as the Head of the Desk in the Country.
- Determines the local deployment of people and resources in serving international clients, with economic profit being the leading factor in this respect.
- Prepares a plan based on the international strategy, resulting in control of risk aspects and realization of the cost budgets and the commercial, financial and client satisfaction targets.
- Formulates the results to be achieved by the team, assesses the required staff and resources
- In Cooperation with the Global Relationship Manager, negotiates with clients and reaches agreement on terms and conditions.
- Assessment and monitoring of client risks
- Is responsible for correct assessment of the international service offering in order to optimize the overall return on deals and client profitability in relation to the risk.
- Advises on international solutions for optimisation of client profitability.
- Is responsible for the risk management and quality of the credit and debit portfolios of the team, provides for good and open relations with Credits and intervenes in conflict situations if necessary.
- Takes decisions on credit files in accordance with the assigned powers and monitors the quality of the loan applications and CAC proposals.
- Assesses customised credit structures and approves the proposed rates and prices, within the governance regulations.
- Ensures the GRM is aligned when it comes to risk and pricing.
ComplianceThe Head of ID is responsible for ensuring commitment, targeted communications and partnerships, in order to achieve and maintain compliance with (changing) laws regulations and policies by his department / focus area.
Given the many (change) projects the Head of ID needs to have not only good, broad and relevant banking knowledge but also excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. The Head of ID should have sufficient understanding of the various specialisms such as Loans, Treasury, Payments, Trade, Leasing, Factoring and -to a lesser extent- Private Banking to coach staff in terms of professional content and steer them towards the promotion and realisation of international cross-selling opportunities.
- University degree or proven comparable level.
- Knowledge of commercial economics and/or business management at graduate level.
- Relevant commercial banking experience.
- Management experience.
- Knowledge of current social and economic developments, affinity with general and specific developments in international services, their structure and organization, the market parties involved and laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the ABN AMRO vision and strategy, the service concepts, business processes, organisation, products and services.
- Command of the Dutch (or willing to learn), French and English language.
- Willing to travel.
- Local contract.