Software Engineer - Collection Technologies
At FactSet, we're working to be the best financial data provider on earth. To get there, we need highly motivated, talented individuals who are empowered to find answers through creative technology.
As a Data Science Engineer in Content Engineering, you will be part of our Digital Transformation, a mission to automate our data acquisition, quality assurance, content creation and analytics in a scalable cloud environment. With the guidance of financial experts, you will leverage these large data sets to improve the quality and extend the scope of FactSet's existing and next generation products. Responsibilities:
- Ingest and analyze various data sources to drive innovation in content creation.
- Automate the acquisition, relevance scoring and storage of incoming sources.
- Develop processes for data mining, data concordance and data production.
- Explore and evaluate new data technologies to build a scalable, cloud oriented data platform.
- Optimize data retrieval, develop dashboards and other visualizations for financial experts.
- Python fluent
- Some relevant experience in Data Science or Machine Learning or Data Science
- Ideally at least one year of professional experience after graduation
- Has repeatedly developed, tested and deployed high quality, stable changes with success and in a timely manner
- Proven ability to adapt to changes in requirements and learn new tools and practices where needed
- Proven ability to describe FactSet's business, client base and where their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Ability to contribute to code review feedback for other engineers and contribute to forward design ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers within the organization