As a Second Line of Defense function, the Compliance Department seeks to protect the Bank's licenses to operate by promoting and enforcing adherence with laws, regulations, rules, expectations of regulators, the standards of self-regulatory organizations, and codes of conduct / ethics. With the help of the Red Flags process, Deutsche Bank monitors its in-scope employees' adherence to certain risk-related policies and control processes. The process aims to drive good conduct amongst employees via consistent consequence management, thereby helping DB maintain a strong culture of integrity and ethical conduct.
The Red Flags Team is responsible for management of multiple conduct and culture related processes, including: Management of the Red Flags Process, including:
Overview of Role
- The monthly issuance of Red Flags to employees, periodic reporting, onboarding of new Red Flag categories and the use of Red Flags data in HR year-end processes;
- Managing the Bank's 'Raise a Concern' framework, and specifically for logging Compliance Concerns raised via the Raise a Concern webpage. The Bank's Raise a Concern framework provides for all DB employees to speak up and raise their concerns about potential or actual misconduct, illegal, unethical or inappropriate behaviour, and;
- Supporting the wider Conduct Risk Compliance team in delivering the Culture, Integrity & Conduct Programme through the production of quarterly Culture Dashboards.
The key purposes of the role are:
- Support the team in delivering multiple processes effectively and efficiently including the Red Flags process, the Bank's 'Raise a Concern' framework, and the Culture and Conduct Metrics
- Support the maintenance of strong working relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders including senior business and control function management
- Support the onboarding of new Red Flags categories and changes to existing categories
Core to this role is the ability to engage constructively and professionally with a very broad range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority. Your key responsibilities
Keeping Red Flags, Culture and Conduct Metrics, and Raise a Concern processes to a high standard and to deadlines, including supporting the performance of high complexity processes such as:
Your skills and experiences
- Calculate Red Flags data to a high degree of accuracy (including supervision of others` calculations as appropriate) through the GSS Red Flags application and the reconciliation to the sourced breach data, communicate with related parties in order to make decisions and escalate as needed
- Investigate complex "Red Flags Challenges" with policy owners, with a key focus on fairness and escalate to Red Flags Management for a final decision
- Perform global and regional reports and dashboards, regularly and on an ad-hoc basis
- Actively participate in Change the Bank processes and their documentation, including the onboarding of new Red Flags categories and changes to existing ones
- Ensure that the Red Flags team and processes adhere to the bank's confidentiality, "need to know", and data privacy standards; identifying any risks to these requirements and escalating as appropriate
What we will offer you:
- Previous experience in banking/financial services, in Compliance or a comparable area is desirable but not compulsory
- People management skills, excellent team player with great attitude and work ethic. Ability to communicate in a professional manner with all levels of employee, including senior management and to make formal (written or oral) presentations and recommendations
- Knowledge in the field of Risk Management, Employee Compliance, Surveillance, or Human Resources is desirable but not required
- Experience in production of periodic management information and reporting as well as in of administering breach/violation programmes would be advantageous
- Very good English language skills are essential (oral and written), good German language skills are desirable (oral and written) but not mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Please note that this may vary slightly from location to location.
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Sandra Wittwer.
Contact: Sandra Wittwer (+49(151) 1807-0531 )
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen möchten - vielfältig, wertschätzend und offen für verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergründen vereint, fördert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielfältige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten können - denn das Zusammenführen verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und fördert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabhängig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalität, ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identität, körperlichen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns über Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterstützen.
Klicken Sie hier für weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.