Join our team as a Compliance Associate/Senior Associate, where you'll based in Munich to support the compliance coverage of Macquarie Asset Management's Real Estate business, in Germany and Luxembourg and act as Deputy Compliance Officer/MLRO. It is a wide-ranging role with a lot of responsibility, focused on strengthening and improving our compliance framework, which includes developing and implementing compliance monitoring plans and providing periodic reports, as well as acting as advisor to the business to provide commercial solutions, in line with regulatory expectations.
You will play a crucial role in facilitating collaboration and consistency across our regional teams, as well as improving our compliance control environment but will also provide an opportunity to work across other Macquarie Asset Management business in EMEA including Real Assets, Private Credit & Asset Finance and Public Investments.
You will be a member of a smaller, dedicated Macquarie Asset Management compliance team that is part of the larger Risk Management Group (RMG). In this role, you will use your proven relationship and stakeholder management skills to advise and oversee Macquarie Group's compliance requirements for EMEA-based businesses. You will report to the Chief Compliance Officer in Germany and work very closely with members of the MAM Business Compliance team in Germany, Luxembourg and the UK. Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for implementation and execution of a compliance risk assessment and compliance monitoring plan (including AML/CTF) of a German real estate AIFM reporting to the German AIFM's Chief Compliance Officer
- Appointment as Deputy Compliance Officer and Deputy MLRO for relevant licensed entities in Germany (regulatory approval provided)
- Take responsibility for the preparation of regulatory compliance and AML/CFT reports for the German real estate AIFM as required per the compliance plans and governance framework
- Keep abreast of upcoming, new and revised rules, regulations and directives applicable to the business, and facilitate changes as required
- Liaise with compliance colleagues to assist with the delivery of an effective tailored on-site compliance training programme
- Being part of the Macquarie Asset Management compliance team you act as an independent expert and advisor to the business
- Support the Macquarie Asset Management compliance team on general Compliance topics and projects.
Macquarie Asset Management is comprised of the following four divisions:
- 3+ years Compliance experience gained within the asset management industry preferably within a real estate Manager or within a legal, regulatory or consultancy environment with real estate focus
- Extensive knowledge of the German regulatory regime relating to asset management. Ability to demonstrate solid understanding of AIFMD and also the MIFID directives. Knowledge of the Luxembourgish regulatory regime an advantage.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, motivation and the ability to be proactive
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities and meet deadlines
Key Competences for the role:
- Real Assets
- Real Estate
- Private Credit and Asset Finance
- Public Investments
About the Risk Management Group
- Decision Making
- Developing People
- Client Commitment
- Relationship Building
- Achievement Drive
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.