Agile Web Developer for SG Markets Asia - Information Technology Hong Kong
The successful candidate must be experienced in designing and building modern web applications using best practices.
The candidate must understand that:
- Work on applications designs and present them to IT and clients
- Develop web applications for internal users and clients
- Develop web services to increase API offer to clients
- Liaise with our team members based in the head quarter (Paris)
The project is tough but interesting. It is built against a complex chain of services with multiple teams involved. We will ask him to show commitment on delivering high quality feature, being force of proposition, to have strong development skills and to be highly productive. We also expect the successful candidate to be thorough on the quality of the code delivered and to follow the processes in place.
In return, the team will take time to share its technical and functional knowledge, to recognize his work, to give him visibility to our clients. It will also bring to the successful candidate a valuable experience to deploy on cloud infrastructure and to work with complex architecture and team setup. Degree of autonomy:
- Fully autonomous to collect requirements, designing solution and developing application
- Must be creative and innovative and propose better solutions whenever possible
- Open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems
- Foresee possible issues to avoid them in early development stages
- Aware and curious about new technologies to share their benefits and explore them
Key skills areas and knowledge required
Mandatory operational skills:
Other appreciated operational skills:
- Experience in designing and developing web applications (Typescript and ReactJS)
- Experience with HTML / CSS (SASS, LESS), Bootstrap
- Experience in Agile, TDD and continuous delivery (Git, TeamCity, Sonar, Testing framework ...)
- Knowledge of Website hosting processes (IIS, Load Balancing, Webservices, Web APIs, Cloud)
- Knowledge of Angular
- Knowledge of .Net Framework (C#)
- Knowledge of .Net Core (C#)
- Strong team player. Enjoy deliver solutions to the business
- Strong analytical mind to develop well-structured and simple solutions
- Proactive, innovative and passionate about technology
- Well organized and good business analysis skills
- Good communication to interact with other IT peers in HK and Paris
- From 4 years' experience or more required.
- Previous experience working in Finance industry or similar would be appreciated
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200008O7
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/07/2020
Date of publication: 14/04/2020