Analyst / Associate, Debt Capital Markets - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
- Contribute to the origination of DCM mandates in Greater China
- Assist in the preparation of marketing documents (market update, peer analysis, secondary pricing performance, primary pricing indications)
- Prepare updates of relevant capital markets data and weekly publications
- Monitor primary market developments (recent transactions, pipeline)
- Perform regular research on latest product developments eg green/social bonds, liability management & hybrids
- Participate in client pitches and idea generation, and contribute to the development of potential/existing business opportunities
- Work closely with regional DCM teams, Syndicate & Coverage to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
- Assist in the execution of DCM transactions
- Conduct due diligence and structuring work
- Contribute to the documentation process, and liaise with external parties including legal counsel and credit rating agencies
- Assist with roadshows and investor updates, and all aspects of deal marketing
- Complete all internal post-transaction processes and reports Profile Required
- Positive attitude, responsible, entrepreneurial, high standards of ethics, team player
- Minimum 2-3 years of DCM related experience at an established investment bank
- Thorough understanding of offshore capital markets, macro & rates environment, IR and currency swaps
- Detailed knowledge of DCM products, legal documentation, listing and execution processes
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to step up in a small team environment, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English and Mandarin is mandatory
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
SG's Debt Capital Markets group is responsible for advising corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets, and executing the related transactions. SG's strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format.
The candidate's primary function will be to support senior staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions and meaningfully contribute to the profitability of the division.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000N68
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 08/11/2019