Application Support Analyst – Algorithmic Trading and Market Data – Front Office Technology
My client is a leading electronic trading house. They specialize in providing a suite of trading solutions and strategies for hedge fund and proprietary trading institutions including connectivity gateways, algorithmic trading strategies and DMA / DSA solutions.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Asia Pacific Algo & Market Data support team. They will be part of a team responsible for investigating live trading issues for the Algorithmic trading business, and system issues for the market data systems. The successful applicant will be required to support both internal and external users of the systems and will also be required to troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues within a timely manner.
This is a heavily business immersed role with real front office interaction. At this company, you do not just work in the front office – you are actually part of it.
- Initial contact point for all Algorithmic trading & Market Data queries from internal trading desks.
- Support all systematic and trading issues related to Market data and Algorithmic trading products.
- Troubleshoot trading applications on Windows and UNIX platform.
- Manage software installations and configurations on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Manage and track production issues on a daily basis; ensure effective and timely resolution and manage communications to external clients as well as internal traders.
- Escalate to development or product management when needed and work closely with the relevant teams to ensure timely resolution on issues.
- Interpret users’ requests and take appropriate action to provide high level of support service.
- Monitor performance and operation of the Market data and Algo systems; ensure systems are performing as expected and where needed diagnose and address any potential issues.
- Work closely with other offices on project basis.
- Liaise with developers, product management, and other dealing desks in the region.
- Work closely with various application support teams within the region.
- Liaise, coordinate, and administer installations of trading applications for clients.
- Create & provide documentation to users for both Market Data and Algorithmic trading systems.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with significant exposure to Algo trading or Market Data systems.
- Practical first line support experience to both internal traders and clients.
- Excellent application and system problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Asian equity markets, OMS concept and order routing system.
- Practical experience in UNIX, SQL & Scripting.
Advantageous Knowledge and Skills.
- Algorithmic trading support experience.
- Market Data support experience.
- FIX or trading experience.
If you would like to apply for this opening or discuss any other positions within banking and finance technology in Asia, please send an email to Anitha Suresh at email@example.com call +852 55252105.