Application Support Engineer (Buy Side) - DevOps/Dev/Support
- HKD60000 - HKD90000 per month
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 05 Jun 18 2018-06-05
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is top global buy-side firm with a strong global presence. With their quant trading arm based in Hong Kong, they are looking to grow their presence across the Asia Markets and are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their team.
This role in Hong Kong will require the candidate to dedicate half of his time to supporting the company's trading systems but the right candidate will have an opportunity to either be involved in the active development of the trading system, delivering high quality software solutions to the business, or provide operational support; for example build maintenance and monitoring, process automation, and improvements to the alerting and monitoring through DevOps.
- Monitor and Maintain the trading system
- Design and develop software components for their trading system
- Focus on delivering solutions on time and to high quality standards, providing estimates, progress reports and escalating issues promptly with stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively and as a trusted partner with Traders, Operations Officers, Engineers and other team members to implement, validate, deploy, document and support trading software systems
- Promote and adhere to best practice across the business by aligning strong software engineering skills, attention to detail and knowledge of industry trends and best practices to build reliable, high performance and robust solutions.
- Graduated with a Bachelor in Computer Science or something similar
- At least 4 years of experience in a application support or development role, preferably in financial services
- Experience with DevOps or process automation is ideal
- For candidates with a support background, strong hands on knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows, Oracle/SQL
- For candidates with a Development background, hands on experience with Python is ideal, or any object-oriented programming language
- Experience with financial services is ideal
- Strong communication in English
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking an opportunity to contribute to the latest projects in an established, stable buy-side firm that is able to offer a highly competitive package and excellent working environment.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Shyra Kamarudin on +852 3907 3975.