Assistant Manager, PMO
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas has a global presence in 75 countries and employs more than 187,900 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Corporate & Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with over 9,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. A truly multinational company comprising of a workforce with a variety of nationalities and backgrounds, and rich in cultures and experiences.
APAC IT Production department (APAC IT Production) is one of the major IT service providers within APAC, i.e. China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, etc... It provides infrastructure and production services for most of the APAC BNPP entities, including both Corporate and Institutional Banking ("CIB") and International Financial Services ("IFS").
Project Management Office ("PMO") is one of the teams under APAC IT Production. The mission of the team is to assist Chief Technology Officer ("CTO") to 1) Implement and operate a monitoring framework for all major projects; and, 2) monitor the budget and expenses of the department. The coverage of the team is APAC, e.g. Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, PRC, etc…
1. To review the global project management methodology, adopt it where it is applicable; and document the APAC methodology
2. To establish controls/reports/processes for making sure that projects are managed according to project management methodology and group policies and procedures.
3. To operate a monitoring framework for all major projects in terms of expenses budget (internal and external man/days, etc...), risks & issues, changes, delivery dates and anticipated delays.
4. To prepare reporting and macro-planning for major projects managed by IT Production and assist in the preparation of management presentations.
5. To prepare and consolidate on a monthly basis (and ad hoc) synthetic dashboards (Key performance indicators, Controls, Headcount, etc…) so as to APAC IT Production Stakeholders.
6. To keep a complete documentation of all steps of the major projects and give access to them to all authorized users.
7. To organize and prepare the project committees, investment committee, steering committees. Record and follow up the actions decided during the committees and maintain the list of next deliverables.
8. To follow up with managers on time-tracking, project status reporting, headcount and resources forecasting, budget and cost booking, etc…
9. To administer Clarity, a major tool for project management, project budgeting & costing; and, resources
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
Technical / Functional
- Knowledge / Experience of IT Infrastructure (Storage, Servers, Networks, Database, Middleware, Market Data)
- Knowledge / Experience of project management techniques and tools
- Exposed to IT governance frameworks (ITIL, CoBIT, TOGAF)
- Excellent analytical skills and reporting capability (KPIs, dashboards, metrics, committees…)
- Financial management of an IT department (Cost booking, Cost allocation, Finance rules)
- Corporate governance, organization and strategic business and IT orientations
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills
- Exposed to multi-cultural environment (SG, HK, JP, AU, FR, UK) and matrix organizations.
- Mature and independent with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Analytical, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Critical thinking to ensure reliability of gathered information
- Control mind-set
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to operate with demanding Senior IT Management.
- "can-do" attitude
- Self-starter and can work independently
- Self-aware and can improve himself/herself/process
Specific Qualifications Required
- Computer Science or Business Administration Bachelor degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in IT field (IT Infrastructure, IT Development, IT security or IT Audit)
- At least 3 years of experience in an IT "control and reporting" function (Governance, Security, Audit, Service Management)
- Project management certification (Prince2, PMP, ..) is welcome.
- Certification in IT governance framework (CoBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, …) is a plus.
- Financial Management certification is a plus.
- English speaking, French is a plus.