Assistant Vice President - Internal Communications
HKEX is looking for a bright, highly energetic and ambitious Internal Communications Manager to help play a vital role in delivering timely, relevant, engaging and inspiring communications to our colleagues across the Group.
The Internal Communications team, part of the Group's broader Corporate Communications team, is responsible for helping to keep our colleagues informed and inspired about HKEX's business. The team works closely with HKEX's senior management, Group functions and the wider business units.
This is a highly varied-role, and the successful candidate will work to deliver all day-to-day internal communications advice, expertise and best-practice. You will help to develop impactful and high quality communications campaigns, programmes and events across a variety of digital, face-to-face and traditional media channels - all in support of our business objectives. Your work will be reflected internally each and every day, as you help our colleagues across the Group to translate their ideas, opportunities and achievements into numerous communications touchpoints including: intranet and blog posts, presentations, speeches, events and film-based content. By blending a mix of tactical, technical and strategic communications experience and counsel, you'll help to establish Corporate Communications as a 'Centre of Excellence' within the business. Job Responsibilities:
Minimum Experience & Knowledge:
- Work with the SVP Internal Communications & CSR to develop, deliver and evolve best-in-class internal communications; helping to 'bring to life' HKEX's vision, strategy & business objectives
- Support the development and delivery of all day-to-day internal communications channels, campaigns, content , events and programmesincluding: town halls, business briefings, newsletters, recognition initiatives
- Work proactively with HKEX's business areas to provide communications advice and counsel on all aspects of internal, change and employee communication
- Identify, draft and deliver appropriate key messages and internal content that effectively shares the HKEX story with key stakeholders across the Group
- Focus on the continuous improvement of existing communication channels, and develop new tools to help promote collaboration and improve two way conversations amongst colleagues
- Bring communications skills and expertise to internal stakeholders to help them communicate effectively within their teams and departments
- To work with other members of the Communications team, including the media, social, digital and brand teams, and with other key HKEX stakeholders to deliver consistency and accuracy in all HKEX communications
- Manage and measure feedback channels, surveys, and results; helping to inspire continuous improvement .
Requirements of the ideal candidate:
- Minimum five years' experience in Corporate Communications / Internal Communications gained in-house or within a fast-paced agency environment
- A confident communicator, you will possess excellent stakeholder management skills and will be able to work with colleagues across the business, as well as, build good working relationships with agencies /suppliers in order to produce high-quality materials - to time and budget
- Proven experience in supporting the development and delivery of core communications channels, campaigns and events across a range of platforms and for diverse audiences
- Proven experience in being a professional role model and ambassador of company values
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify complex subject matter into strong, impactful messaging and communications collateral
- Appreciation for how an effective CSR communications strategy can generate positive outcomes for brand, reputation and engagement
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to help connect and influence stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Experience in using Content Management tools to help deliver intranet and email-based content e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, WordPress, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop
- Ability to learn quickly about the various aspects of HKEX and the priorities of our internal stakeholder groups.
- University degree - in any discipline
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal with a command of both written and spoken Chinese and English; fluency in Putonghua
- Ability to simplify complex subject matter into strong, impactful messaging and communications collateral
- Demonstrates experience of developing, implementing and evaluating the outcomes of communications campaigns in order to meet business objectives
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a busy team
- Strong relationship management skills, effective at negotiating and influencing across all levels of complex organisations
- A creative thinker with a thirst of knowledge and laser focus on continuous improvement
- Reliable, dependable, and an excellent team player
- Excellent judgement, integrity, professionalism and positivity are likely to all be attributes of the successful candidate .
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.