Associate - Tax & Legal - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- 23 May 19
Associate - Tax & Legal - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media .
About Tax & Legal
Deloitte China Tax and Business Advisory is the only Big Four practice that works As One across Greater China Region including the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan with nearly 2,500 tax people to advise and assist clients concerning tax and business issues. It is also a Tier One tax practice in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Work you will do
- Be responsible for handling tax compliance projects such as preparing tax returns and computations in various jurisdictions
- Assists with tax consulting projects such as performing tax research, tax due diligence and drafting tax advisory reports
- Develops knowledge of current tax legislation across the Global Tax and Legal function
- Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Collects, assimilates, and analyzes data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions in the Tax and Legal business
- Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Bachelor degree or above in any disciplines while taxation, accounting, finance, law, computer science, Japanese, Korean or a business related discipline preferred
- Strong academic performance
- Aspires to be a professional in a very competitive environment and demonstrate strong commitment in the profession
- Demonstrates proactive learning capability and attitude
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend and analyze complex issue in business context and present effectively both in oral and written English
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks
- Be able to communicate effectively and relate with people effectively
- Demonstrates leadership potential at extra curriculum activities and ability to work as a team player
- Be proficient in MS Office and other computer software
- Can be trusted with confidence
- Opens to constructive critiques on how to improve
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN156980