Associate, DevOps Analyst - Corporate - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 18 Feb 19
Start of Day application checks, EOD batch support and follow the sun support for global applications. Devops focus including Tool development, process improvement, and automation Work very closely with development team to deliver solution to business.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
- Front office desk and system support
- Start of Day application checks, EOD batch support and follow the sun support for global applications.
- Devops focus including Tool development, process improvement, and automation
- Work very closely with development team to deliver solution to business.
- Incident management, analysis, documentation, and resolution
- Problem management and strategic remedial action planning
- Production data control, environment management, system configuration, and operations
- Business and system flow analysis, requirement gathering, documentation, and project support
- Change management, UAT coordination, release implementation, and post-release testing and verification
Key Experience & Skills
- Degree holder or above
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Japanese is a plus, but not mandatory
- [Associate] 5+ years of working experience in similar environment
- [Analyst] 3+ years of experience of Derivatives IT, 3+ years of trading floor support and or 3+ years of development experience
- In-house or 3rd-Party derivative risk system, especially in Equity Derivatives
- Knowledge of execution platform will be a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience in supporting and optimising front-to-back batch environment
Technical and Business Skills:
- Good understanding of production services functions like incident management, release management, contingency planning, etc of ITIL framework (certification would be a plus)
- Windows shell scripting / Unix system tools and scripting
- Good understanding of SQL (IBM UDB, Sybase, MS-SQL, Oracle)
- Working knowledge of Autosys, XML, Messaging framework (Tibco/Solace/MQ)
- Strong development experience in C# or Python or Java
- Good understanding of distributed computing
- Products – stocks, futures, options, equity swaps, variance swaps, structured products
- Market Data – basic understanding of Bloomberg or Reuters market data
- Basic understanding of Position-keeping, PnL calculation, Greeks and PnL-Attribution
- Diligent, able to follow, maintain and enhance existing written procedures
- Flexible and self-starter, able to diagnose and troubleshoot application problems
- Organized, able to evaluate and manage priorities, able to handle ever-changing environment
- Punctual and reliable, open to work early morning, late evening and week-end for support/release coverage.
- Proactive, able to suggest ideas for improvements and to pinpoint potential issues
- Looking for a candidate who is willing and eager to gain experience in all phases of the SDLC lifecycle including support
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.