Associate, Natural Resources and Energy - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
Summary of responsibilities
- To contribute to effectively covering clients to address their borrowing needs in markets
- To contribute to developing and maintaining a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients' borrowing needs
- To contribute to the effective and responsible execution of mandates
- To support the development of advisory and product offering in line with NRG's strategy and priorities
- To support the development of NRG client base in line with GLBA's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
- To represent NRG in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
- Role must be performed in accordance with the compliance rules inherent to the business. It has to be done in compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory rules
- Growing understanding of the energy non-recourse project finance loan market, its dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and hedging derivatives to propose relevant financing solutions
- Capacity to generate pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients' needs
- Responsibility - growing capacity to understand, assess and manage project risks (credit, conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for NAT, GLBA and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations. This shall be reflected in the capacity to articulate such risk assessments in the scope of developed credit applications
- Strong financial modelling capacities (e.g. capacity to build and develop a non-recourse project finance financial model)
- Growing understanding of the Energy industry dynamics, major and emerging players, outlook for the sector and the related bankability issues
- Growing understanding of project finance term sheets and long form documentations
- Client orientation - ability to actively contribute to the team's efforts to build and maintain trusted client relationships
- Client orientation - commercial acumen and persistence in addressing clients' needs
- Client orientation - demonstrate initiative and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients' and markets' needs
- Innovation - growing ability to contribute to the team's efforts to the development of new client base, advisory, and products
- Team spirit - ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds
- Team spirit - contribute to One Team Energy philosophy by learning Energy products and best practices
- Responsibility and Commitment - Rigor, discipline and accountability
- Commitment - ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing deadlines, to deliver on team's priorities
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
The GLBA/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services through four key platforms: Energy, Trade Commodity Finance, Metals & Mining, and Infrastructure.
GLBA/NAT/NRG is in charge of financing and advisory services for energy projects worldwide as well as structured financings and reserve-based lending for energy players. APF provides finance and advisory to power generation and supply companies (both in renewable and conventional power) and to oil & gas companies.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000KQB
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 29/08/2019