Big Data Consultant
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
Exciting opportunity to be involved in a leading area of technology at the moment as a Big Data consultant.
BIG DATA CONSULTANT
- The Company's Digital department is powered by three practices -Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics.
- As part of our Digital Delivery Analytics practice, you'll deliver analytically - Informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You'll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues. You will be working jointly with strategists and technology experts from our broader digital community on consulting missions and implementation around analytics.
- Big Data experienced professionals will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution, including:
- Use case and business case development
- Vendor landscape and technology assessment (covering for example Hadoop, Map Reduce, NoSQL)
- Solution architecture formulation (including role of conventional information management platforms)
- Proof of concept execution to prove the value of Big Data use cases
- Full lifecycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
- Assess emerging trends in storage access which includes the application of existing high performance distributed file system storage technologies for use by applications in lieu to traditional relational database storage methods
- We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to provide thought leadership, solution architecture and implementation experience for robust Big Data solutions for big data opportunities, and to grow big data skills and capabilities.
- Deep experience across systems integration, information management, data management and architecture, and business analytics
- Experience with large-scale, multi-release information centric projects
- Experience with waterfall and agile delivery approaches
- End to end implementation of at least 1 big data project using at least 1 of Hadoop, Map Reduce, NoSQL platforms
- Solution architecture development
- Vendor assessment
- TCO assessment versus using conventional IM platforms
- Deep design experience on high-scale or distributed systems (such as Hadoop)
- Implementation expertise with high performance distributed parallel file system storage technology such HDFS or similar.
- Implementation expertise with a distributed structured storage technology such as BigTable, Cassandra, Dynamo, Mongo or similar NoSQL solution.
- Deep experience with the Implementation of ETL, reporting, business intelligence technologies and high volume batch processing involving large data stores
- Design and implementation of a medium to large custom application data model
- Ability to support business development activities
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume)
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
- Hands-on experience with "productionalising" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must be proactive and be prepared to address meetings
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business subjects
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Ideally, educated to degree level
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English / Mandarin / Cantonese
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Paul Byrne at Robert Walters on +852 2161 9452 or Paul.Byrne@robertwalters.com.hk quoting the Job Reference IBY/700930