Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Hang Seng Investment Management Limited ("HSVM") - Risk Management Department
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Chief Risk Officer, HSVM. Principal responsibilities
- Accountable for performing the primary risk stewardship role for Hang Seng Investment Services (HSVM) and risk oversight on Hang Seng Qianhai Fund Limited.
- Ensure effective identification, assessment, management, and monitoring of all key risks across the HSVM business and to identify potential future risk types within the asset management industry; protecting HSVM business through appropriate risk management discipline; ensuring risks are captured, understood, and clearly communicated to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the single point of contact on all risk issues for the HSVM CEO, and the HSVM Board of Directors.
- Oversee the daily operation of Investment Risk and Operational Risks performed within HSVM and work closely with other HASE Risk Stewards such as Operational and Resiliency Risk, Model Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Legal.
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the business, taking into account changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to demonstrate adherence to internal controls, assurance of relevant procedures, appropriate records are kept, timely implementation of internal and external audit points including issues raised by external regulators.
- Ensure all Group requirements (FIM) relating to Risk Management function are complied with, and liaise with Group FIM Owners in the event of any exceptions. As HSVM Risk Steward, ensure that all relevant regulations applicable to the Risk function is complied with and updated in a timely manner.
- Work with all core business units within HSVM and will provide active advice in the following areas (a) new product developments, (b) performance reviews, (c) perform ad hoc control assessments, and (d) provide constructive advice to enhance operational controls.
- University degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline. Advanced degree or CFA is advantageous but not required.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in a relevant role in asset management or fund management company, including managing operational functions.
- Strong leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate subordinates.
- Highly energetic, detail-oriented, and capable self-starter with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner as an individual and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrated experience delivering successful outcomes on projects involving multiple stakeholders with differing / diverging interests highly desired.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills and decision making ability.
- Able to strike a good balance between risk and business growth, keeping abreast of the evolving risk management requirements and ever demanding regulatory requirements
- Have a good understanding of macro economy, financial market, regulation, industry and business, including trends, opportunities and constraints, or demonstrable capacity and interest to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills as well as spoken English and Chinese.
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.