Client Tax Operations Utility - Client-Aligned Tax Specialist Tax Manager - Vice President (Mandarin Speaking) - Hong Kong
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Business Overview: Global Tax Operations
Global Tax Operations primary responsibility is to maximize client's investments by either facilitating effective tax relief at source on client investment income or retrospectively reclaiming taxes from global tax authorities. This is a high-risk product with diverse market procedures, a significant change agenda and complex market/regulatory requirements. Job Description
The Client-Aligned Tax Specialist team is a relatively new and expanding function and has been developed to provide an end to end, client tailored tax support model for our premier clients. The team focuses on proactive client facing tax support, tax strategy and tax risk management whilst ensuring that J.P. Morgan has a voice at market industry forums.
The Senior Client-Aligned Tax Specialist will report to the Head of International Tax Operations, based in the UK, and will own support for several clients together with day-to-day management responsibility for one Tax Associate based in Hong Kong. Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Centralised point of contact for all complex and technical tax issues to support our client's tax servicing needs
- Lead the Tax component of service reviews and other meetings with the client
- Provide technical input on any tax-related product or other change requests
- Leverage tax expertise to ensure that the clients interests are represented and understood throughout the business
- Have a deep understanding of the clients business, structure and tax strategy to ensure all entitled tax benefits are received in order to maximise tax efficiency, working closely with local tax authorities to expedite processing of reclaims and other matters on behalf of the client.
- Ensure close collaboration with the Sub Custodian network and the internal Network Management Group
- Proactive translation of market newsflashes and monitoring of tax developments across all markets. Communicate specific impact / consequences in a concise, factual manner and provide support to the client through the change process.
- Proactive support and guidance on outstanding/expiring tax documentation
- Proactive oversight of tax reclaims and follow-up on aged and problematic items with global tax authorities
- Filing of pilot tax reclaims (new /emerging market reclaim opportunities) under specific authority from the client
- Assistance with the following, liaising with other J.P. Morgan operations team where necessary:
- New market entry / expansion
- Account / fund restructures
- Legal entity conversions
- Proactive support to ensure that clients receive a premier service regarding the following:
- Relief at Source
- Retrospective Reclaims
- Capital Gains Tax
- Financial Transaction Tax
- Tax Regulatory Reporting
- Communicate lobbying efforts conducted by J.P. Morgan with clients
- Work with and contribute to Tax Steering Groups
- Continually review operational tax processes to identify areas for enhancement
- Identify tax risks and solution resolution
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- You must have a relevant Degree qualified and/or equivalent industry experience
- You must be able to demonstrate your in-depth operational international tax experience within financial services, specifically global custody or investment banking (minimum 7 years operations international tax experience)
- You must be able to discuss experience of client service and relationship management communicating complex tax issues with internal and external stakeholders
- You will be able to give examples of your priority management experience within a financial services environment where accuracy is of paramount importance and where there are multiple deadlines in a risk awareness environment
- You will be able to give examples of your successful internal and external communication and problem solving experience
- You will be able to give examples of your risk awareness and operational control experience within financial services.
- You will be able to discuss your process improvement experience, where you clearly articulate ideas, concepts and procedural changes to clients
- You will be able to give examples of your problem solving skills and experiences
- You will have proven experience within an arena where accuracy is critical within strict deadlines.
- ATT qualified
- IOC or other industry related benchmark qualification