Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Conduct Compliance Manager, Asia Pacific. Principal Responsibilities
In this role, you will
- Advise and support the Regional Head of Regulatory Conduct to ensure a structured and consistent implementation of the Conduct Compliance Global Approach in Asia Pacific
- Promote a compliance-oriented culture in delivering fair outcomes for customers and stakeholders
- Effectively co-ordinate and interact with local Conduct Compliance teams in Asia Pacific and peers regionally and globally, contributing to subject matter enquiries and change projects
- Identifies and escalates on material issues arising in conduct risk and from regulatory compliance developments as required
- Supports appropriate reporting to governance on conduct risk related matters relevant to Asia Pacific
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Experienced professional with proven skills from a Banking and Financial Services Institution
- Significant knowledge of regulations and guidance or of banking activities
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a multidisciplinary environment
- Prior experience in risk and compliance preferred
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.