Corporate Treasury, Analyst/Associate, Singapore/Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CORPORATE TREASURY
The mission of Corporate Treasury is to manage the firm's liquidity, funding, balance sheet and other financial resources to ensure the firm is resilient in its ability to carry out its activities. As part of the firm's 1st line of defense, Treasury measures, monitors, evaluates and manages risk in those resources, in the context of all applicable regulatory requirements as well as the firm's own risk appetite, including impacts on reputation risks. Treasury manages the raising and repayment of the firm's capital and funding by leveraging various street facing agents in the revenue divisions. Treasury is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics, attention to detail and who can work collaboratively and think across disciplines. YOUR IMPACT AND YOUR POTENTIAL
We're looking for a professional to join our Treasury team in our Singapore or Hong Kong office. A successful candidate will be able to utilize her/his skills and ideas to raise funding from the regional markets, manage capital and liquidity of Goldman Sachs, participate in exciting firmwide strategy initiatives, and work collaboratively with other departments and teams to ensure the firm is well-prepared for normal business as well as for stressed scenarios. It is a great opportunity to make a direct impact to the bottom line through funding, capital and other resources efficiency. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
Taking into consideration of an individual's personal qualification/experiences, preference and the needs of the team, we will assign the successful candidate to a subset of the following responsibilities.
- Raise funding for the firm in the region and work closely with global funding team in managing the firm's liquidity
- Manage various secured and unsecured funding programs, such as repo funding, structured notes, unsecured bond issuance, in partnership with other divisions
- Manage and optimize the firm's liquidity and inventory pool
- Optimize the level and composition of the firm's capital base relative to its risk profile
- Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess their impact on funding requirements
- Manage currency funding in close cooperation with currency traders
- Demostrate leadership by continuously enhancing processes and creating efficiencies, as well as contributing to strategic infrastructure development
- Highly-motivated with good commercial perspective and ability to lead projects and cross-divisional initiatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail and good judgment on prioritization
- Perform well under pressure as well as deadline oriented environment
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately 1 to 4 years of working experience in Treasury or finance-related functions in a major financial institution or corporate
- Strong Microsoft skills are preferred and coding inclination is a big plus
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.